No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
Adelson on Bloomberg's business TV channels
Friday May 9,2014 : ADELSON HOLDS FORTH IN BLOOMBERG T.V. INTERVIEW
But can he really be so ill-informed on internet gambling?
Land casino mogul Sheldon Adelson took his jihad against US online gambling to Bloomberg's business TV channels this week in an interview with Betty Liu which showed either a deliberate or ill-informed disregard for the facts.
Our thought the ninth wealthiest man in America came over as somewhat overbearing and even arrogant, bolstered by a confidence that has admittedly been earned by the outstanding success of his land business ventures under the Las Vegas Sands banner.
Readers can judge for themselves by viewing the vid here:
* Perhaps unintentionally, he gave the snobbish impression that internet gambling was in his opinion for the "poor... working class... middle class - unfortunate people" and that his land casinos attract a better-off class of gambler. That sort of hubris does not sit well. Furthermore it's simply not true in a general sense, taking into account the numerous independent surveys that show the preponderance of well-educated young punters in the professions who entertain themselves online, and the considerable sums of money that are reflected in high stakes poker games and progressive slots online.
* His boast that his enterprises are larger than all the other land gambling operators combined may be true but create a perception of a braggart.
* One of the central themes of the Adelson jihad against online gambling is his questionable claim that the genre facilitates money laundering, and sure enough he used this one in the interview, along with his "casino in every pocket" throwaway. That criticism reeks of hypocrisy when the news that his company paid a $47 million settlement to end an investigation into money laundering claims at his Venetian property in Las Vegas is still fresh. It has similar echoes of hypocrisy to his company's involvement in online wagering on horse racing.
* Adelson also made the startling assertion that regulation was absent in online gambling, whilst his land enterprises are licensed in several jurisdictions. It is difficult to believe that a successful businessman like Adelson is not well enough briefed to know that online gambling is well and successfully regulated in a number of international jurisdictions across Europe, and in three states in the USA renowned for strict requirements.
* His claim that the technology to exclude under-age and problem gamblers is inadequate, and that he can better vet and track players in his land-based establishments is also arguable.
* Adelson claims that he is not motivated in his fight against online gambling by protectionism for his land based casinos, saying that internet players are not his sort of market. That undermines the already debunked arguments from other anti-online gambling bodies that internet gambling cannibalises land casino revenues.
Adelson was at least modest in answering Liu's question on whether he is a good blackjack player (he admits he is not).
He reiterated in the interview his intent to spend "whatever it takes" to outlaw US online gambling; that has repeatedly been backed by media reports on his hiring of politicians and lobbyists, along with the funding of the Coalition to Stop Internet Gambling.
Asked by Liu how much he has spent so far on his tilt at the online gambling windmill, Adelson flatly declined to respond.
Limited time offer for all our Readers. All Countries. A brand new No Deposit Bonus. No Max Cashout. Claim It Here.
Gambling News :
William Hill Chairman Not Stepping Down -
There are no plans for Gareth to step down. He is leading the CEO search process, which is well advanced, and is working with Philip Bowcock to deliver the key priorities for the business.
Canadian Lottery Looking at Online Gambling -
The reaction of other provinces is not known, but the Newfoundland and Labrador government was apparently less than enthusiastic about the prospect, which it did not regard as a priority.
Red Riding Hood Online Slot Launched -
The game, which has already attracted much preview interest, is part of the developers Fairytale Legends series, which the company plans to expand with further titles in 2017.
Super Heroes Slot Launches -
When the feature is triggered, two of the heroes appear on each side of the screen to boost winnings. During free spins, heroes are triggered on every spin, with their super powers growing stronger each time.
Playngo in Deal With Betclic Everest Group -
Swedish online gambling games developer Play’n GO has signed an agreement with the Betclic Everest Group that will see its full suite of games rolled out across the French group’s online casino brands.
2016 Italian Poker Tour main event in Malta -
After besting a field of 775, many of them respected aces, Austrian poker pro Ismael Bojang claimed the main prize of Euro 101,940 over the weekend in the eighth edition of the Euro 1,100 buy-in Italian Poker Tour main event in Malta.
Betradar in Deal with OPAP -
Sports betting data and analytics provider Betradar has inked a live betting supply deal with the major Greek licensed retail and online gambling operator OPAP.
2016 888poker Make It Big Tournament -
A relatively unknown Hong Kong poker player, Ka Him Li (21), claimed victory after a two-way chop in the main event at the inaugural 888poker “Make It Big” live poker festival at the Aspers Casino in London over the weekend, earning the top prize of GBP 45,300.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.