No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
Sen. Rod Wright of California is optimistic About Online Poker
January 8, 2013 : CALIFORNIA SENATOR TALKS ABOUT HIS NEW ONLINE POKER INITIATIVE
Sen. Rod Wright of California is optimistic about his bill's chances this year
Despite having to abandon his intrastate online poker legalisation attempt in the California Legislature last year, California Senator Rod Wright remains optimistic about the measure's chances in 2013 following its recent reintroduction.
The publication Online Poker Report managed to get an exclusive interview with the Senator at the recent National Conference of Legislators from Gaming States in Las Vegas in which he explained why his measure SB-51 should succeed when previous attempts failed.
* Wright said that this year interested parties in the issue not only have a better idea of what it is all about, but that a larger number of them have partners which would allow them to participate in a potentially lucrative Californian online poker business.
* The Senator said that California offered greater player liquidity potential than a smaller state like Nevada, which is nevertheless already well advanced in intrastate regulation and licensing and has seen a significant number of large companies and partnerships applying for licenses.
* It would clearly be in the interests of Nevada-licensed operators to be able to pursue players in other states, something that would not be necessary in California due to its larger poker population.
"So as I look at the Nevada game, I believe it to be a stalking horse for federal legislation that will allow them to encroach their borders and come into California," the Senator observed.
* Wright is against federal legalisation because it infringes on states' rights. The Senator feels that if individual states wish to legalise intrastate internet gambling or enter into interstate compacts it should be a state prerogative.
"The federal government should not be in the business of controlling or taking money out of the gambling revenues that are generated by the state. That’s never been a federal process, and it shouldn’t begin now," he told Online Poker Report.
* It is likely that as more states enter the online gambling sector there will be a desire to interact with other states in a bid to reach sharing agreements, and such an evolution should be an option available to individual states, not one dictated by federal government. Obviously sharing arrangements include a need for equally effective and compatible regulatory requirements by the participating parties. The states' interactions on lotteries illustrated how these regulatory themes could work, Sen. Wright said.
* Shared liquidity pools also have time-zone advantages, enabling operators to fill seats over a broader timeframe.
* The Senator cautioned that in California regulators would have to "crawl before you can walk", mastering the complexities of regulation completely before looking to create relationships with other like-minded states.
* Wright acknowledged to Online Poker Report that the tribes are a major force in the state gaming business, revealing that the combined revenues of the tribal operations in California are now larger than the take of Las Vegas. It was in their commercial interests to merge land and online gambling so as to broaden commercial opportunities, he opined. Tribal interests could operate some of the internet poker hubs envisioned in California.
* Existing state compacts with tribal gaming interests would not and could not be violated, the Senator stressed
"Clearly we would not be able to violate the compacts that we have, so the Class 2 games that are currently being played in California will be the only games allowed on the Internet platform as well, so it will not be a violation of exclusivity. And we will not go into trying to renegotiate the tribal compacts as they’re written," Wright said.
Read the full report at: http://onlinepokerreport.com/5698/roderick-wright-interview/
Limited time offer for all our Readers. All Countries. A brand new No Deposit Bonus. No Max Cashout. Claim It Here.
Gambling News :
Tain Fast Bet -
Our readers will recall Tain recently increased the number of live events it covers each month to 23,000, covering both traditional markets such as football, tennis and US sports and the more obscure curling, biathlon and Water Polo.
Olympic Entertainment Group Mobile Gaming -
In its full-year 2016 report, Olympic Entertainment Group (OEG) has informed the establishment of a Malta-based company registered to facilitate its intended expansion into remote gambling.
Circus Evolution HD Slot -
Malta-based content provider World Match has released its first title of 2017, “Circus Evolution HD”, a 5-reel, 3-row, circus-themed adventure offering Free Spins, Wilds and a Bonus Game.
17 Crown people still detained -
Reports from China over the weekend suggest that the 17 Crown people still detained could be looking at another twelve months of imprisonment as investigations into their alleged and still unspecified crimes drag on
SB1400 Virginia Poker Skill Game Bill -
Her bill SB1400 is currently with the Senate General Laws and Technology Committee, whose 15 members will decide whether to progress it or condemn the Senator to another year of failure.
Pennsylvania Video Gaming Association -
With the focus on Pennsylvania as the most likely next US state to legalize online gambling as part of a general gambling expansion measure, reporters noted this week the emergence of a new lobbying group in the state - the Pennsylvania Video Gaming Association.
Stiffer Problem Gambling Penalties in UK -
The Guardian newspaper reports that the UK Gambling Commission plans to unveil new enforcement strategies on problem gambling and money laundering prevention this month, laying down tougher penalties for operators who fail to tackle these issues.
Spartan Poker vs SpartanPoker name War -
Pokerguru, which owns the brand SpartanPoker.com, has threatened to sue the Indian Poker Championship over its use of the title Spartan Poker, and recently published a notification that it is not associated with the IPC version of the brand.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.