No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
888 and Ladbrokes Acquisition talks abandoned
Written On 4/16/11 By Recentpoker.com staff writer Frank Polliern :
Acquisition talks abandoned, new CFO appointed and quarter one results released
Bookmaker Ladbrokes PLC today announced that discussions initiated at the end of 2010 regarding a possible takeover of online gambling firm 888 have been terminated.
Discussions were initiated with a view to Ladbrokes boosting its online presence in the market, but the two companies have reportedly been unable to agree on price.
Ladbrokes Chief Executive Richard Glyn said "At the end of the day I simply decided it was not in the interests of shareholders."
Paul Leyland, an analyst at Investec Securities, said: "We believe walking way from 888 was the right thing to do in terms of price, regulatory risk and operational fit. However, Ladbrokes' lacklustre online performance demonstrates the scale of the job."
Ladbrokes announced, along with its Interim Management Statement for the three months ended 31 March 2011, the appointment of a new Chief Financial Officer. Ian Bull will join Ladbrokes from Greene King plc where he has been Group Finance Director since 2006. Bull's appointment will commence on 4 July 2011.
Fiscal Highlights for the three months ended 31 March 2011 included:
- Group net revenue - excluding High Rollers - up 2.3 percent, despite a poor Cheltenham Festival in March.
- Group operating profit - excluding High Rollers - up 1.9 percent to GBP49.2 million.
- Total Digital net revenue up 1.2 percent during the period with strong growth in both Casino and Bingo being offset by lower revenues in Sportsbook and Poker.
- Sportsbook amounts staked grew 6.4 percent year on year, with 11.3 percent growth in the UK.
- Casino net revenue up 23.9 percent on last year reflecting a 70.6 percent growth in player yield.
- Poker net revenue down 32.8 percent against last year.
- Bingo showed 18.8 percent net revenue growth in spite of a 19.9 percent decline in active players, with player yields up 48.6 percent reflecting success in the retention of more valuable players.
- Games net revenue was flat with a 6.2 percent decline in active players being partially offset by a 5.8 percent increase in yield.
- Mobile revenue grew by in excess of 250 percent year on year with 18 percent of Digital customers placing at least one bet through this channel in the period. Mobile represented 11 percent of total Sportsbook amounts staked in the period and generated 11 percent of all Digital new player signups.
Richard Glynn, Chief Executive, Ladbrokes PLC said: “We expect the economic climate in the UK to remain challenging in 2011 with consumer confidence and disposable incomes continuing to suffer. Notwithstanding this, at this early stage in the year, the business is performing in line with the Board's expectations.
"The Group's strong balance sheet, strengthened management and clear strategy position us well to address the challenges of 2011. Our drive to make Ladbrokes favourite again has good momentum with continuing operational improvements, capital investment underway and encouraging trends exhibited in areas such as Bet In Play and mobile.”
Limited time offer for all our Readers. All Countries. A brand new No Deposit Bonus. No Max Cashout. Claim It Here.
Gambling News :
Playtech Acquires ECM Systems -
Online gambling soiftware provider Playtech plc has announced the acquisition of a ninety percent stake in UK bingo software developer ECM Systems for a consideration of GBP 14.9 million.
Marks and Spencer store Manager steals to Gamblie Online -
The Cambridge News reports that a 28-year-old manager of a Marks and Spencer store, Martin Trenor, has been jailed for three years for stealing GBP 254,538.11 in shop takings over the course of a year and spending it almost immediately at online gambling websites.
Chinese Gambling crackdown could damage high roller revenue -
Fast-moving events this week have seen Australian media reports quoting hundreds of millions of dollars wagered by Chinese high rollers in Aussie land casinos, offset to some extent by Crown claims that this whale gambler" demographic generates only 12 percent of turnover.
EvenBet Open Face Chinese Poker -
Open Face Chinese Poker online games provider EvenBet has reported that its Open Face Chinese Poker product is gaining traction with games recently integrated for desktop action at the Malta-licensed operational site Poker Grant.
2016 EPT Malta -
The European Poker Tour is off to a good start in Malta, with German pro Dietrich Fast claiming a well-earned Euro 174,000 main prize in the Euro 10,000 buy-in Single-Entry Rebuy event.
Team Hot Launches -
#teamhot The Philippines licensed and GGNetwork-powered online poker operator Natural8 has announced the appointment to its "Team Hot" professional player line-up of Asian poker aces Kitty Kuo, Xuan Liu and Dong Kim.
Netent Q3-2016 Earnings Report -
#netent The UK continues to be an important growth driver but the weaker pound had an estimated negative effect of about three percentage points on revenue growth compared to the same quarter last year.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.