No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
888 and Ladbrokes Acquisition talks abandoned
Written On 4/16/11 By Recentpoker.com staff writer Frank Polliern :
Acquisition talks abandoned, new CFO appointed and quarter one results released
Bookmaker Ladbrokes PLC today announced that discussions initiated at the end of 2010 regarding a possible takeover of online gambling firm 888 have been terminated.
Discussions were initiated with a view to Ladbrokes boosting its online presence in the market, but the two companies have reportedly been unable to agree on price.
Ladbrokes Chief Executive Richard Glyn said "At the end of the day I simply decided it was not in the interests of shareholders."
Paul Leyland, an analyst at Investec Securities, said: "We believe walking way from 888 was the right thing to do in terms of price, regulatory risk and operational fit. However, Ladbrokes' lacklustre online performance demonstrates the scale of the job."
Ladbrokes announced, along with its Interim Management Statement for the three months ended 31 March 2011, the appointment of a new Chief Financial Officer. Ian Bull will join Ladbrokes from Greene King plc where he has been Group Finance Director since 2006. Bull's appointment will commence on 4 July 2011.
Fiscal Highlights for the three months ended 31 March 2011 included:
- Group net revenue - excluding High Rollers - up 2.3 percent, despite a poor Cheltenham Festival in March.
- Group operating profit - excluding High Rollers - up 1.9 percent to GBP49.2 million.
- Total Digital net revenue up 1.2 percent during the period with strong growth in both Casino and Bingo being offset by lower revenues in Sportsbook and Poker.
- Sportsbook amounts staked grew 6.4 percent year on year, with 11.3 percent growth in the UK.
- Casino net revenue up 23.9 percent on last year reflecting a 70.6 percent growth in player yield.
- Poker net revenue down 32.8 percent against last year.
- Bingo showed 18.8 percent net revenue growth in spite of a 19.9 percent decline in active players, with player yields up 48.6 percent reflecting success in the retention of more valuable players.
- Games net revenue was flat with a 6.2 percent decline in active players being partially offset by a 5.8 percent increase in yield.
- Mobile revenue grew by in excess of 250 percent year on year with 18 percent of Digital customers placing at least one bet through this channel in the period. Mobile represented 11 percent of total Sportsbook amounts staked in the period and generated 11 percent of all Digital new player signups.
Richard Glynn, Chief Executive, Ladbrokes PLC said: “We expect the economic climate in the UK to remain challenging in 2011 with consumer confidence and disposable incomes continuing to suffer. Notwithstanding this, at this early stage in the year, the business is performing in line with the Board's expectations.
"The Group's strong balance sheet, strengthened management and clear strategy position us well to address the challenges of 2011. Our drive to make Ladbrokes favourite again has good momentum with continuing operational improvements, capital investment underway and encouraging trends exhibited in areas such as Bet In Play and mobile.”
Danske Spil Bingo Moves to Microgaming -
The national lottery of Denmark, Danske Spil, is live on the Microgaming Bingo Network. Danske Spil, the Danish national lottery, is live on the Microgaming Bingo Network following a change to its licence conditions.
Quickfire live on Strendus -
Quickfire powered by Microgaming is extending its reach in the LatAm region with the signing of Strendus. Strendus is the online division of Logrand Entertainment Group. The group comprises several companies that operate gaming and entertainment establishments in Mexico, running 14 land-based casinos in total.
Quickfire content live on BetatHome -
Online gaming and sports betting company bet-at-home was founded in 1999. Today the company has 4.8 million registered customers around the world, offering sports betting, casino, live casino, Vegas games, poker and virtual sports.
Microgaming has donated £30,000 between four charities -
Gift of Giving provides Microgamingís customers the opportunity to vote for one of several charities in their region. In lieu of Christmas gifts, £30,000 is split equally between four global regions: Isle of Man, UK and Europe, Africa, and Rest of the World.
Entertainment Betting Odds: 90th Academy Awards -
The Shape of Water leads Sundayís 90th Academy Awards (8 PM ET, ABC) with 13 Oscar nominations, but when it comes to Best Picture, this highly-acclaimed film is a +140 second-favorite behind Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri at Ė115.
Fair Play Bets and QuickFire in Deal -
Fair Play Bets enjoys an unrivalled reputation for an outstanding player experience, with secure deposits and withdrawals, surprising casino bonuses and committed customer support. Fair Play Bets is licensed in UK, Malta and Curacao.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.