No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
LadBrokes lacklustre H1-2013 results
Thursday August 8,2013 : H1 OPERATING PROFIT PLUNGES AT LADBROKES
Retail side of the business hit by low betting shop returns
On Thursday, one of Britain's biggest online and land gambling groups, Ladbrokes plc, turned in the lacklustre H1-2013 results it had earlier warned on, posting a plunge in operating profits of almost 20 percent to GBP 85.7 million, caused primarily by slow business in the group's over 2,000 retail betting outlets, higher costs and taxes.
Unlike rival William Hill, which has a flourishing and expanding internet and mobile business, Ladbrokes' online activities were not sufficient to make up the deficit.
Ladbrokes reported that Digital operating profit fell 28 percent to GBP 10.8 million, with only the sports betting vertical rising, and all other verticals in decline.
One-off costs of GBP 21.8 million associated with the company's move to Playtech plc, with more to come over the full year added to costs, although Ladbrokes has maintained its interim dividend of 4.3 cents a share.
For the half-year to end June 2013, the company reported:
* Group net revenue up 6.4 percent or 0.9 percent when adjusted to reflect change in machine taxation from VAT to MGD
* Group operating profit GBP 85.7 million down 19.8 percent
* Underlying EPS of 7.2p down 23.4 percent
* Net debt of GBP 375.5 million reduced by GBP 11.4 million
* H1 exceptional cost of GBP 21.8 million (FY est. GBP 33 million) associated mainly with transition to Playtech product and platforms
* Digital profit down but in line with expectations
* Increased machine taxation and like for like content costs in UK Retail total c.GBP 9 million in H1
* Decline in OTC gross win per shop driven by Q1-2013 staking decline; Q2-2013 trend improved
* Machine gross win up 3.2 percent driven by expansion in number of shops and increase in density
* Slowdown in machines market greater than expected; decline in gross win per shop per week of 0.5 percent for H1-2013
* Machine Q1-2013 exit rate of c. 3 perent like-for-like growth not maintained and inconsistent in Q2 with 5.5 percent decline in June
Ladbrokes claims that its UK Retail operations remain resilient, pointing out that:
* Underlying metrics are positive - footfall and gross win per shop is stable, and average customer profile is younger
* New shops continue to deliver payback (c. 30 percent IRR) - net 73 opened during H1, c. 30 expected in H2-2013
* H2-2013 rollout of over 1,500 Self Service Betting Terminals, Sky Sports and improved broadcast capability on track
* Full rollout of new 4 screen machine cabinet in Q1 2014 expected to drive growth
In similar fashion, the company claims that its performance in the internet and mobile (Digital) sector is now well positioned for growth:
* Transformational product and marketing services agreement signed with Playtech - integration progressing well
* Ladbrokes Israel operational from 1 May, now with circa 60 employees
* 'Vegas' tab launched with 70 new games online and 25 available on mobile
* Foundation release of new mobile offer on Mobenga platform completed
* New Openbet agreement facilitates use of Playtech's IMS back office, for sportsbook
* Recent product agreement with Net Entertainment broadens range of games for online and mobile
Chief executive Richard Glynn acknowledged that the first half performance was disappointing, but said that the company will continue to expand retail operations.
"Having established a position of market leadership in machines, with like for like revenue increasing by c.40 percent in the last 3 years, we always planned for a slowdown this year," Glynn said. "We continue to compete strongly in a highly competitive market and have a number of initiatives in place for H2, including a new cabinet rollout starting in Q4."
He blamed good weather for exacerbating the retail volatility the company recently experienced, but said that he expected to see a positive machines contribution from new shop openings and increased density.
Turning to Ladbrokes online and mobile activities, Glynn reported:
"In Digital, our partnership with Playtech will see us deliver a compelling online and mobile offer for customers underpinned by proven software, operated by experts. During H2 we will build on early progress already made by adopting Playtech products and technology and expect to benefit from new marketing and CRM capabilities. We aim to finalise the integration early in 2014, thereby enabling significant growth in earnings."
Limited time offer for all our Readers. All Countries. A brand new No Deposit Bonus. No Max Cashout. Claim It Here.
Gambling News :
Tain Fast Bet -
Our readers will recall Tain recently increased the number of live events it covers each month to 23,000, covering both traditional markets such as football, tennis and US sports and the more obscure curling, biathlon and Water Polo.
Olympic Entertainment Group Mobile Gaming -
In its full-year 2016 report, Olympic Entertainment Group (OEG) has informed the establishment of a Malta-based company registered to facilitate its intended expansion into remote gambling.
Circus Evolution HD Slot -
Malta-based content provider World Match has released its first title of 2017, “Circus Evolution HD”, a 5-reel, 3-row, circus-themed adventure offering Free Spins, Wilds and a Bonus Game.
17 Crown people still detained -
Reports from China over the weekend suggest that the 17 Crown people still detained could be looking at another twelve months of imprisonment as investigations into their alleged and still unspecified crimes drag on
SB1400 Virginia Poker Skill Game Bill -
Her bill SB1400 is currently with the Senate General Laws and Technology Committee, whose 15 members will decide whether to progress it or condemn the Senator to another year of failure.
Pennsylvania Video Gaming Association -
With the focus on Pennsylvania as the most likely next US state to legalize online gambling as part of a general gambling expansion measure, reporters noted this week the emergence of a new lobbying group in the state - the Pennsylvania Video Gaming Association.
Stiffer Problem Gambling Penalties in UK -
The Guardian newspaper reports that the UK Gambling Commission plans to unveil new enforcement strategies on problem gambling and money laundering prevention this month, laying down tougher penalties for operators who fail to tackle these issues.
Spartan Poker vs SpartanPoker name War -
Pokerguru, which owns the brand SpartanPoker.com, has threatened to sue the Indian Poker Championship over its use of the title Spartan Poker, and recently published a notification that it is not associated with the IPC version of the brand.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.