No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
LadBrokes lacklustre H1-2013 results
Thursday August 8,2013 : H1 OPERATING PROFIT PLUNGES AT LADBROKES
Retail side of the business hit by low betting shop returns
On Thursday, one of Britain's biggest online and land gambling groups, Ladbrokes plc, turned in the lacklustre H1-2013 results it had earlier warned on, posting a plunge in operating profits of almost 20 percent to GBP 85.7 million, caused primarily by slow business in the group's over 2,000 retail betting outlets, higher costs and taxes.
Unlike rival William Hill, which has a flourishing and expanding internet and mobile business, Ladbrokes' online activities were not sufficient to make up the deficit.
Ladbrokes reported that Digital operating profit fell 28 percent to GBP 10.8 million, with only the sports betting vertical rising, and all other verticals in decline.
One-off costs of GBP 21.8 million associated with the company's move to Playtech plc, with more to come over the full year added to costs, although Ladbrokes has maintained its interim dividend of 4.3 cents a share.
For the half-year to end June 2013, the company reported:
* Group net revenue up 6.4 percent or 0.9 percent when adjusted to reflect change in machine taxation from VAT to MGD
* Group operating profit GBP 85.7 million down 19.8 percent
* Underlying EPS of 7.2p down 23.4 percent
* Net debt of GBP 375.5 million reduced by GBP 11.4 million
* H1 exceptional cost of GBP 21.8 million (FY est. GBP 33 million) associated mainly with transition to Playtech product and platforms
* Digital profit down but in line with expectations
* Increased machine taxation and like for like content costs in UK Retail total c.GBP 9 million in H1
* Decline in OTC gross win per shop driven by Q1-2013 staking decline; Q2-2013 trend improved
* Machine gross win up 3.2 percent driven by expansion in number of shops and increase in density
* Slowdown in machines market greater than expected; decline in gross win per shop per week of 0.5 percent for H1-2013
* Machine Q1-2013 exit rate of c. 3 perent like-for-like growth not maintained and inconsistent in Q2 with 5.5 percent decline in June
Ladbrokes claims that its UK Retail operations remain resilient, pointing out that:
* Underlying metrics are positive - footfall and gross win per shop is stable, and average customer profile is younger
* New shops continue to deliver payback (c. 30 percent IRR) - net 73 opened during H1, c. 30 expected in H2-2013
* H2-2013 rollout of over 1,500 Self Service Betting Terminals, Sky Sports and improved broadcast capability on track
* Full rollout of new 4 screen machine cabinet in Q1 2014 expected to drive growth
In similar fashion, the company claims that its performance in the internet and mobile (Digital) sector is now well positioned for growth:
* Transformational product and marketing services agreement signed with Playtech - integration progressing well
* Ladbrokes Israel operational from 1 May, now with circa 60 employees
* 'Vegas' tab launched with 70 new games online and 25 available on mobile
* Foundation release of new mobile offer on Mobenga platform completed
* New Openbet agreement facilitates use of Playtech's IMS back office, for sportsbook
* Recent product agreement with Net Entertainment broadens range of games for online and mobile
Chief executive Richard Glynn acknowledged that the first half performance was disappointing, but said that the company will continue to expand retail operations.
"Having established a position of market leadership in machines, with like for like revenue increasing by c.40 percent in the last 3 years, we always planned for a slowdown this year," Glynn said. "We continue to compete strongly in a highly competitive market and have a number of initiatives in place for H2, including a new cabinet rollout starting in Q4."
He blamed good weather for exacerbating the retail volatility the company recently experienced, but said that he expected to see a positive machines contribution from new shop openings and increased density.
Turning to Ladbrokes online and mobile activities, Glynn reported:
"In Digital, our partnership with Playtech will see us deliver a compelling online and mobile offer for customers underpinned by proven software, operated by experts. During H2 we will build on early progress already made by adopting Playtech products and technology and expect to benefit from new marketing and CRM capabilities. We aim to finalise the integration early in 2014, thereby enabling significant growth in earnings."
Limited time offer for all our Readers. All Countries. A brand new No Deposit Bonus. No Max Cashout. Claim It Here.
Mybet Earnings Struggle -
The statement this week reveals that Mybet continued to be hampered by negative trends from historic quarters, making its original performance estimate "unrealistic".
Tom Horn Awarded Malta Gaming License -
Online gambling software provider Tom Horn Gaming has been awarded a Malta Gaming Authority license that permits the company to host and manage Malta-based gaming operators.
Calvin Ayre invests in new Antigua Business Center -
Ayre joined with government officials this week in a ground-breaking ceremony for a five-story centre on Antigua which will be home for the venture. The "green" building will be solar powered and provide employee-friendly services like catering, a gym and child care.
Attack of the Zombies Slot -
Online gambling games developer Genesis Gaming has unveiled its latest game, with a theme based on a horror story of the undead, exploiting the current trend....and just in time for Halloween.
Why is FullFlush Poker Still Down -
Its now almost a month since Full Flush Poker went offline "for a platform upgrade" and stopped communicating with its reportedly many unpaid and unhappy players. All trace of the operator - and means to communicate with it - have vanished.
Time Running Our For Pennsylvanian online gambling -
Hopes that this week would see the Pennsylvanian Senate voting on an online gambling and DFS legalization bill already passed by the House four months ago dwindled Wednesday when no progress was made and the legislatures season officially closed.
Yggdrasil Gaming Expanding -
The Swedish online gambling games developer Yggdrasil Gaming is to establish a new parent company and expand its Stockholm office as it bolsters its presence in Sweden with a raft of new hires.
FanDuel and DraftKings Settle With NY Attorney General -
Speculation earlier this week that daily fantasy sports market leaders FanDuel and DraftKings were about to agree a settlement on consumer fraud suits prepared by the New York AG was confirmed Tuesday when a $12 million settlement was announced.
Stan james Now Live With EPOS -
The company switched to the Optima server less system across its entire estate in July after previously using Optima EPOS technology. The switch was completed early this (October) month and has already delivered noteworthy savings for the company.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.