No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
NEW STUDY ON GAMBLING AND GAMING CONVERGENCE PUBLISHED
Tuesday December 15,2015 : NEW STUDY ON GAMBLING AND GAMING CONVERGENCE PUBLISHED
Focus on the younger demographic in new Australian academic study.
A new study commissioned by the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation in Australia and covering the convergence of gambling and gaming in digital media has been published by an academic team led by Dr. Sally Gainsbury of Southern Cross University.
The project explored implications for young people flowing from the growing convergence between digital gaming and gambling, studying their gambling behaviour.
Key findings of the team were:
* Gambling and gaming are converging. Gambling products are increasingly incorporating gaming themes and elements, such as elements of skill. Video games like social casino games imitate gambling, and gambling is permitted on gaming results, such as with eSports;
* Playing social casino games is not uncommon among young people, with 13 to 23 percent of adolescents reporting playing them in the past 12 months;
* While for some young people, playing social casino games may increase their gambling, through normalisation or inflated confidence of winning, for others the games act as a substitute, reducing their interest in actual gambling;
* Advertising collected during the project glamorised and normalised gambling and encouraged play. Some advertising suggested it was possible to learn how to gamble using social casino games. Some also promoted their product as compulsive or addictive.
The report makes a number of recommendations for action by key agencies including government, social networking sites and industry, with the aim of minimising gambling harm among young people:
* Policy makers and operators are encouraged to regularly consult with experts to discuss the best strategies for minimising harms associated with any new and existing products;
* International standards should be used where possible to classify games using a single set of guidelines for developers;
* Policies should promote industry standards and higher levels of self-regulation due to difficulties with enforcement and compliance when dealing with international companies;
* Discussions should be held with SNS and website operators to reduce the exposure of young people to advertising for gambling products; particularly marketing that may be appealing to youth, including offshore gambling sites;
* Gambling-themed games provided by gambling operators should require the same policies and restrictions as apply to gambling products, even if these do not require monetary payments or return outcomes of monetary value;
* Practice games should include information about responsible and problem gambling, be clearly labelled as for adult use only, and should not be advertised in a way that is appealing to youth;
* Gambling-themed games should allow users to set limits on their time and monetary expenditure, access summaries of the time and money spent within the game, and information about problematic game play. Users should be able to self-exclude from these games;
* Gambling-themed games should include warnings that these may not be suitable for people who have gambling-related problems, for children and that the games may not accurately depict gambling;
* Games should not include links to or advertisements for gambling products;
* Public education and awareness campaigns are needed, particularly to inform parents, teachers and young people about the potential negative impact of gambling-themed games;
* Parents should be encouraged to monitor children’s game use and educate young people about gambling and the risks involved within this activity.
Opap in memorandum of understanding With Inspired -
Virtual sports provider Inspired has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Greek betting and lottery operator OPAP for the supply of its full suite of virtual sports, for integration online and across OPAP's retail network.
DeltaCorp To Acquire ace2three -
Our readers will recall Delta Corp. acquired a 26 percent stake in Gaussian Networks, parent company of India’s largest online poker operator Adda52 earlier this month
More Australian POC Taxes -
In an interview with The Australian, Tabcorp chief executive offer David Attenborough warned “global rivals” of his belief that other Australian states are moving fast to follow South Australia’s lead in implementing a point of consumption tax.
William Hill Exits Russia -
"Starting from September 23 William Hill Casino Club will terminate its activities in the Russian territory for legislatory reasons. All active customer accounts will be suspended," the advisory reportedly detailed.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling Hearing Postponed till October -
HR 2150, which includes DFS and e-gaming elements, was passed as part of the critical state budget bill by the House in June this year, with lawmakers expecting the bill to contribute $100 million annually in licensing and fees to help balance the state budget.
Two Mega Fortune Dreams Jackpots Hit -
Both Swedish players, the first lucky punter hit a GBP 100,000 jackpot playing on his mobile phone, while the second, identified as Martin, staked just 18p before netting a GBP 60,000 jackpot on the popular series thinking he was playing in demo-mode.
ASA Looking at Ladbrokes and Netbet ads -
A TV ad for Cosmo Gaming’s NetBet online casino was determined by the UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) as glamorising online gambling following a single complaint.
Betconstruct In Deal With Realistic Games -
BetConstruct has agreed a deal in which it will integrate a range of Realistic Games online table and slot content including blackjack, roulette and slot titles Super Graphics Upside Down, The Fruit Factory and Fireworks.
XLMedia Half 1 2016 Earnings Report -
Online gambling marketing company XLMedia, which operates websites driving players to online casino operators, delivered robust interim results for the first half of 2016, attributing its success to investment in technology.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.