No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
A closer look at the theft of 649,000 player details from Paddy Power
Monday August 11,2014 : ANATOMY OF A SECURITY BREACH
A closer look at the theft of 649,000 player details from Paddy Power.
One of the biggest data breaches in online gambling history - the theft of 649,000 player details from online gambling group Paddy Power ) - has been examined in detail by the Bloomberg business news service, which reveals:
* In 2010 (when the theft is believed to have occurred) Paddy Power technicians detected what they thought was "malicious activity."
* Three years later, in December 2013, a Canadian affiliate marketer and entrepreneur called Jason Ferguson (45) came across an offer of a player database for sale (something he claims is commonplace on the internet) from an unknown seller apparently based in Malta. The parties negotiated the sale of the database for Euro 6,700 and Ferguson took delivery and presumably used the content in his endeavours to market to players or sell the database on. He claims he was not aware that the database was stolen, and that he did nothing wrong.
* Earlier this year data breach consultant Joe Saumarez Smith became aware of Ferguson's database whilst investigating another and unrelated issue. He contacted Ferguson, who convinced him of the value of the database and sent him a sample to clinch a sale.
* After examining the sample, Saumarez Smith suspected that it may be the property of Paddy Power, and he handed it over to the betting company, which immediately tasked a special team to analyse it. They confirmed that it was Paddy Power material.
* In collaboration with the Ontario courts and police, Paddy Power's legal representatives then obtained court orders for the search of Ferguson's bank account and his computer equipment.
* Ferguson's shock on July 7, when a posse descended on his home office with the court orders can only be imagined. He cooperated, and a hard drive was seized, wiped clean of the Paddy Power information, and returned to him (he has since destroyed it, saying he wants nothing more to do with the issue).
The police found no evidence that might indicate criminal or malicious activity on Ferguson's part, and he has not been prosecuted.
Paddy Power had the embarrassment of belatedly having to tell players about the breach, which received wide media coverage.
In a statement posted on its website on July 31st, the company revealed the breach for the first time publicly, and started alerting the 649,000 customers affected. While the data didn’t include account passwords or financial information, and would not have allowed access to customer accounts, the company apologised.
The betting company was also severely criticised by Ireland’s Data Protection Commissioner for not reporting the breach timeously.
“I am very disappointed that it has taken until now for Paddy Power to inform its customers,” Minister for Data Protection Dara Murphy said in a statement. “While it’s not mandatory to report such breaches, it is recommended best practice.”
Danske Spil Bingo Moves to Microgaming -
The national lottery of Denmark, Danske Spil, is live on the Microgaming Bingo Network. Danske Spil, the Danish national lottery, is live on the Microgaming Bingo Network following a change to its licence conditions.
Quickfire live on Strendus -
Quickfire powered by Microgaming is extending its reach in the LatAm region with the signing of Strendus. Strendus is the online division of Logrand Entertainment Group. The group comprises several companies that operate gaming and entertainment establishments in Mexico, running 14 land-based casinos in total.
Quickfire content live on BetatHome -
Online gaming and sports betting company bet-at-home was founded in 1999. Today the company has 4.8 million registered customers around the world, offering sports betting, casino, live casino, Vegas games, poker and virtual sports.
Microgaming has donated £30,000 between four charities -
Gift of Giving provides Microgamingís customers the opportunity to vote for one of several charities in their region. In lieu of Christmas gifts, £30,000 is split equally between four global regions: Isle of Man, UK and Europe, Africa, and Rest of the World.
Entertainment Betting Odds: 90th Academy Awards -
The Shape of Water leads Sundayís 90th Academy Awards (8 PM ET, ABC) with 13 Oscar nominations, but when it comes to Best Picture, this highly-acclaimed film is a +140 second-favorite behind Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri at Ė115.
Fair Play Bets and QuickFire in Deal -
Fair Play Bets enjoys an unrivalled reputation for an outstanding player experience, with secure deposits and withdrawals, surprising casino bonuses and committed customer support. Fair Play Bets is licensed in UK, Malta and Curacao.
Cavaliers Aim to Take Down Wizards on 2/22/18 -
The Cleveland Cavaliers have looked like a different team since making their moves at the trade deadline. The Washington Wizards are up next for the Cavaliers, who will be at home after the All-Star break.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.