No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
A closer look at the theft of 649,000 player details from Paddy Power
Monday August 11,2014 : ANATOMY OF A SECURITY BREACH
A closer look at the theft of 649,000 player details from Paddy Power.
One of the biggest data breaches in online gambling history - the theft of 649,000 player details from online gambling group Paddy Power ) - has been examined in detail by the Bloomberg business news service, which reveals:
* In 2010 (when the theft is believed to have occurred) Paddy Power technicians detected what they thought was "malicious activity."
* Three years later, in December 2013, a Canadian affiliate marketer and entrepreneur called Jason Ferguson (45) came across an offer of a player database for sale (something he claims is commonplace on the internet) from an unknown seller apparently based in Malta. The parties negotiated the sale of the database for Euro 6,700 and Ferguson took delivery and presumably used the content in his endeavours to market to players or sell the database on. He claims he was not aware that the database was stolen, and that he did nothing wrong.
* Earlier this year data breach consultant Joe Saumarez Smith became aware of Ferguson's database whilst investigating another and unrelated issue. He contacted Ferguson, who convinced him of the value of the database and sent him a sample to clinch a sale.
* After examining the sample, Saumarez Smith suspected that it may be the property of Paddy Power, and he handed it over to the betting company, which immediately tasked a special team to analyse it. They confirmed that it was Paddy Power material.
* In collaboration with the Ontario courts and police, Paddy Power's legal representatives then obtained court orders for the search of Ferguson's bank account and his computer equipment.
* Ferguson's shock on July 7, when a posse descended on his home office with the court orders can only be imagined. He cooperated, and a hard drive was seized, wiped clean of the Paddy Power information, and returned to him (he has since destroyed it, saying he wants nothing more to do with the issue).
The police found no evidence that might indicate criminal or malicious activity on Ferguson's part, and he has not been prosecuted.
Paddy Power had the embarrassment of belatedly having to tell players about the breach, which received wide media coverage.
In a statement posted on its website on July 31st, the company revealed the breach for the first time publicly, and started alerting the 649,000 customers affected. While the data didn’t include account passwords or financial information, and would not have allowed access to customer accounts, the company apologised.
The betting company was also severely criticised by Ireland’s Data Protection Commissioner for not reporting the breach timeously.
“I am very disappointed that it has taken until now for Paddy Power to inform its customers,” Minister for Data Protection Dara Murphy said in a statement. “While it’s not mandatory to report such breaches, it is recommended best practice.”
Gambling News :
Kung Fu Rooster Slot Goes Live -
Celebrate Chinese New Year - 2017 Year of the Rooster. It's time to sweep away any ill-fortune and make way for incoming good luck, with this exciting 12 lines slot game.
Sensational Sixes Slot Goes Live -
Light up Icons like BAR's, black spades, red hearts, blue diamonds, and green clubs. The best part of Sensational Sixes are the three wild icons, for 2X, 4X, and 6X multipliers!
3 New Betsoft Slots -
3 new Betsoft slot Games were also added this week to most online casinos allowing US players.
2017 Bodog Super Millions Poker Open -
The first events on the 105-tournament schedule have already been completed; there are three more tourneys on Thursday’s schedule, with a total of $34,000 in guaranteed prize money waiting to be won.
Pokerstars Pulls Out Of Coloumbia -
Pokerstars Has taken the decision to cease offering real money services to players located in, playing from or resident within Colombia, effective from the 17th of July 2017.
The Railbird Launched By Americas Card Room #acra -
Watching your friends conquer the tables just got a whole lot easier. Americas Card Room recently launched its industry-first Player Observer Tool dubbed “The Railbird”, a new feature that allows players seated at Americas Card Room tables to instantly share a live stream of their action with friends.
Huge Caribbean Hold’Em hit at Bovada Casino -
A progressive jackpot strikes again! This time it was at Bovada Casino, where a Texas player landed the top hand playing Caribbean Hold’Em over the weekend. A grand total of $119,348 was collected from the poker-inspired table game.
New PartyPoker Pro Richard Dubini -
A regular player in the Latin American live circuit, Dubini will travel alongside partypoker ambassador Joao Simao to gain feedback from players about partypoker to help optimise both live and online poker for the local players.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.