No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
Sen Kyl Speaks On Political Poker Row
Thursday September 13, 2012 : KYL SPEAKS ON 'POLITICAL' POKER ROW (Update)
Disagreement will only make the legalisation project harder to realise, says the Senator from Arizona
Arizona's Senator Jon Kyl waded in to the Reid vs. Heller argument over the best way to introduce a new online poker legalisation bill Wednesday, saying: "The object here should be to pass a bill and not make Senator Heller look bad."
A growing number of media outlets reported that Nevada's Sen. Harry Reid had tried to impose a deadline on his request that Republican Sen. Dean Heller - also of Nevada - muster Republican support for a joint Democrat-Republican attempt to introduce a federal legalisation bill on internet poker.
Kyl commented that Heller's suggestion that the bill be introduced to the House of Representatives and not the Senate made sense:
"I am afraid that if the Senate acts first the House will feel itself jammed and it wouldn't go anywhere," Kyl, who has co-authored the bill with Reid, said.
He accused Reid of playing a political game, and that this had made the project harder to achieve.
"Now the thing has blown up. Again, I want to work with Harry Reid to get this done. I regret to say what he has done here is going to make it a lot harder now. Instead of an approach by which we might have been able to bring people along, I think it looks to be what it is, and that is very political.
"It looks like some political hack wrote that letter for Harry. I think he wants to get this done but he must appreciate that letter was going to make it very, very hard.
"I am distressed it has taken the turn that it has. I am very concerned about that now," Kyl concluded.
With the furore dampening hopes that meaningful progress can be made in the limited time remaining in the current session of Congress, details of the Reid-Kyl bill have started to appear across the internet.
In summary, the bill - rather ponderously titled “The Internet Gambling Prohibition, Poker Consumer Protection and Strengthening UIGEA Act of 2012” - appears to propose that:
* The legalisation will apply only to online poker and not online gambling in general
* Anti-online gambling enforcement measures are to be stepped up, probably through strengthening the Wire Act and IGBA, both somewhat antiquated pieces of legislation that will benefit from an update. Unsurprisingly, the carve-outs for horseracing will be retained.
* The autonomy of individual states has wisely been respected, with provisions for same to opt out of any federal legalisation if a majority in both legislative bodies at state levels is achieved. Tribal groups will only be allowed to opt in to federal legalisation if the state in which they are located has also decided to participate.
* Predictably, a new federal government organisation titled Office of Online Poker Oversight (and you can do things with the acronym) will be charged with responsibility for organising licensing and regulation; it will be housed in the US Department of Commerce.
* The new measure will not interfere with the online lottery operations of individual states, but there is a provision preventing them from offering casino/slot style games over the internet as part of the lottery product.
* Internet cafes and international player pools are specifically prohibited.
* There will initially be a two year 'black period' during which only land-based US casino operators with existing licenses will be considered for online poker licenses, creating a notable market advantage for such operators.
Similarly restrictive arrangements will be available for US industry content, equipment and service providers.
* Online companies which continued to be active in the US market after the 2006 passage of the UIGEA will be excluded for 5 years.
* A federal tax of 16 percent (it is unclear what this will be based on) is proposed, with 14 percent going to individual states and tribes that have opted in. The remaining 2 percent will go to federal coffers to cover the cost of regulation and licensing.
* Financial institutions can expect more complications - the measure proposes that a white list of licensed operators be drawn up, which the financial institutes will be required to use in order to block transactions with non-listed companies.
* Harsh enforcement and punitive measures that include heavy fines and forfeiture measures will be prescribed for unlawful operators.
Gambling News :
US$30M DUBAI WORLD CUP -
Racecourse Media Group and Meydan to showcase world’s richest raceday to more than 150 territories The Dubai World Cup is the first horse race to be broadcast live on airlines and cruise lines
NHL Odds: Forsberg Faces Elliott in Nashville -
The last time the Nashville Predators played against the Calgary Flames, Calgary had a 4-1 lead five minutes into the second period. Nashville responded with four back-to-back goals, including a hat trick from centreman Filip Forsberg. Both teams went into overtime with five goals, and Calgary defenseman Mark Giordano (12 goals, 22 assists) scored the winning goal.
NBA Odds: Hawks, Wiz in Southeast Showdown -
The Washington Wizards (42-27 SU, 36-32-1 ATS) can pretty much secure the Southeast Division title with a win Wednesday night over the Atlanta Hawks (37-32 SU, 31-38 ATS). Tip-off is at 8 PM ET on ESPN; the Wizards lead Atlanta by five games with less than a month remaining before the playoffs.
NBA Odds: Clippers Try to Slow Down Bucks in LA -
Milwaukee Bucks small forward Giannis Antetokounmpo and Los Angeles Clippers power forward Blake Griffin are two of the most talented and versatile forwards in the NBA. The two lead their teams into battle on Wednesday in Los Angeles.
NHL Odds: Canadiens Welcome Islanders Tonight -
The Montreal Canadiens (32-20-8) welcome the New York Islanders (28-21-10) on Thursday (7:30 PM ET on SNE). After getting their first victory under new head coach Claude Julien, the Canadiens will look to build on that momentum against a red-hot Islanders team.
NHL Odds: Reeling Flyers Seek Relief in Pittsburgh -
#nhl The Philadelphia Flyers have been a bit off since the holidays. They’ve won just eight games since the Christmas break, and now they’ve got a tough one coming up this Saturday night against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Dollars to Donuts Slot Launch -
Firstly, it's a classically styled, easy playing 3-reel with five pay lines featuring a traditional icon set of bars and sevens.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.