No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
European Commission funded study on sports organisers rights in the European Union
Thursday May 15,2014 : ONLINE GAMBLING TRADE BODY WELCOMES E.C. FINDING ON SPORTS BETTING
Study concludes that there is no legal basis nor rationale for an EU-wide right to consent to bets.
In a statement Thursday the Remote Gaming Association welcomed the main findings of a European Commission funded study on sports organisers rights in the European Union.
The study concluded that there is no legal basis nor rationale for an EU-wide right to consent to bets (i.e. “sports betting right”), and that the French sports betting right, whereby sports betting operators must obtain the consent of sports organisers to offer bets, is not an effective mechanism for financial distribution to sport or as an integrity instrument against match-fixing.
The study was designed to map out the rights of sports organisers, in particular in relation to sports betting operators and assess the merits of a betting right. In that respect, the study makes a number of significant conclusions:
* The “costs associated with the administering of the right to consent to bets will always be considerable” and “there is no evidence for a link between the financial return stemming from a right to consent to bets and the financing of grassroots sport.”
* The adoption of integrity mechanisms is not a prerequisite of the French right and “there is no guarantee that the income is in fact allocated to fraud prevention and detection.”
* The right to consent to bets “risks leaving less popular and less visible sports more exposed to integrity risks” as “for most sports organisers the financial return would be insufficient to cover their own integrity costs.”
* “It is not evident that safeguarding the integrity of sports events constitutes the principal rationale of the French right to consent to bets.”
* The conditions required to implement a right to consent to bets are capable of constituting an unjustified restriction on the free movement of services within the EU.
* The right establishes a monopoly for sports “leading to the creation of a dominant position within the meaning of Article 102 TFEU” and anti-competitive concerns.
* Highlights that “amending the [Database] Directive to meet the demands of the sports organisers would bear the risk of creating undesirable information monopolies.”
The statements notes:
"Whilst sports bodies and the French authorities continue to promote a betting right, the report rightly highlights that no other Member State has properly implemented legislation similar to that existing in France and that most other jurisdictions have “instead opted for alternative mechanisms to collect and allocate revenue derived from gambling to sport.”
"Moreover, the report shows that sports organisers already have sufficient legal protection and the creation, at EU level, of a French style sports betting right is not justified."
Clive Hawkswood, chief executive of the RGA, said: “We welcome the publication of the Asser Study on sports organisers’ rights, as we did the opportunity to participate in the consultation process.
"We hope that the European Commission will take note of its findings which echo our view that calls for a European-wide sports betting right, or indeed a sports betting right of any kind, are commercially driven and have little if anything to do with integrity.”
The study was launched in January 2013 and carried out for the European Commission by a consortium composed of the Dutch Asser Institute and IVIR of the University of Amsterdam.
Gambling News :
Day 1B MPN Poker Tour Manchester -
Day 1B of the £550 MPNPT Manchester Main Event saw the field rise to 285, as players took full advantage of the whole-day re-entry period.
Day 1A MPNPT Manchester -
The £150,000 guaranteed MPNPT Manchester kicked off today in style – 74 poker players from all over Europe arriving at the Grosvenor Casino to contend the first of two starting days
Kung Fu Rooster Slot Goes Live -
Celebrate Chinese New Year - 2017 Year of the Rooster. It's time to sweep away any ill-fortune and make way for incoming good luck, with this exciting 12 lines slot game.
Sensational Sixes Slot Goes Live -
Light up Icons like BAR's, black spades, red hearts, blue diamonds, and green clubs. The best part of Sensational Sixes are the three wild icons, for 2X, 4X, and 6X multipliers!
3 New Betsoft Slots -
3 new Betsoft slot Games were also added this week to most online casinos allowing US players.
2017 Bodog Super Millions Poker Open -
The first events on the 105-tournament schedule have already been completed; there are three more tourneys on Thursday’s schedule, with a total of $34,000 in guaranteed prize money waiting to be won.
Pokerstars Pulls Out Of Coloumbia -
Pokerstars Has taken the decision to cease offering real money services to players located in, playing from or resident within Colombia, effective from the 17th of July 2017.
The Railbird Launched By Americas Card Room #acra -
Watching your friends conquer the tables just got a whole lot easier. Americas Card Room recently launched its industry-first Player Observer Tool dubbed “The Railbird”, a new feature that allows players seated at Americas Card Room tables to instantly share a live stream of their action with friends.
Huge Caribbean Hold’Em hit at Bovada Casino -
A progressive jackpot strikes again! This time it was at Bovada Casino, where a Texas player landed the top hand playing Caribbean Hold’Em over the weekend. A grand total of $119,348 was collected from the poker-inspired table game.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.