No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
European Commission funded study on sports organisers rights in the European Union
Thursday May 15,2014 : ONLINE GAMBLING TRADE BODY WELCOMES E.C. FINDING ON SPORTS BETTING
Study concludes that there is no legal basis nor rationale for an EU-wide right to consent to bets.
In a statement Thursday the Remote Gaming Association welcomed the main findings of a European Commission funded study on sports organisers rights in the European Union.
The study concluded that there is no legal basis nor rationale for an EU-wide right to consent to bets (i.e. “sports betting right”), and that the French sports betting right, whereby sports betting operators must obtain the consent of sports organisers to offer bets, is not an effective mechanism for financial distribution to sport or as an integrity instrument against match-fixing.
The study was designed to map out the rights of sports organisers, in particular in relation to sports betting operators and assess the merits of a betting right. In that respect, the study makes a number of significant conclusions:
* The “costs associated with the administering of the right to consent to bets will always be considerable” and “there is no evidence for a link between the financial return stemming from a right to consent to bets and the financing of grassroots sport.”
* The adoption of integrity mechanisms is not a prerequisite of the French right and “there is no guarantee that the income is in fact allocated to fraud prevention and detection.”
* The right to consent to bets “risks leaving less popular and less visible sports more exposed to integrity risks” as “for most sports organisers the financial return would be insufficient to cover their own integrity costs.”
* “It is not evident that safeguarding the integrity of sports events constitutes the principal rationale of the French right to consent to bets.”
* The conditions required to implement a right to consent to bets are capable of constituting an unjustified restriction on the free movement of services within the EU.
* The right establishes a monopoly for sports “leading to the creation of a dominant position within the meaning of Article 102 TFEU” and anti-competitive concerns.
* Highlights that “amending the [Database] Directive to meet the demands of the sports organisers would bear the risk of creating undesirable information monopolies.”
The statements notes:
"Whilst sports bodies and the French authorities continue to promote a betting right, the report rightly highlights that no other Member State has properly implemented legislation similar to that existing in France and that most other jurisdictions have “instead opted for alternative mechanisms to collect and allocate revenue derived from gambling to sport.”
"Moreover, the report shows that sports organisers already have sufficient legal protection and the creation, at EU level, of a French style sports betting right is not justified."
Clive Hawkswood, chief executive of the RGA, said: “We welcome the publication of the Asser Study on sports organisers’ rights, as we did the opportunity to participate in the consultation process.
"We hope that the European Commission will take note of its findings which echo our view that calls for a European-wide sports betting right, or indeed a sports betting right of any kind, are commercially driven and have little if anything to do with integrity.”
The study was launched in January 2013 and carried out for the European Commission by a consortium composed of the Dutch Asser Institute and IVIR of the University of Amsterdam.
USA Online Gamblers. The Best Online Casino with the fastest payouts and highest bonus. Get your Exclusive Bovada Bonus Code now. Up to $4250 in free sign up bonuses. Dont miss out on this limited time special offer.Online Poker, Online Casino and Online SPorts betting all included in this exclusive Bovada Bonus.
Gambling News :
Amaya FY2016 Trading Update -
The Montreal-based Amaya online gambling group has issued a trading update covering FY 2016 and improving its forecast revenue and earnings numbers.
LeoVegas To Sponsor Leicester Tigers -
The agreement includes official partner accreditation, media space at Welford Road stadium and matchday tickets and VIP hospitality as well as two pitchside perimeter boards from the 2017/18 season and one for duration of the 2016/17 season.
Optima Information Services iShop -
Industry visitors to the recent TVC Bookmakers Trade Fair in Solihull, UK were much taken by Spanish betting technology firm Optima Information Services' iShop product, and the company went on to win the SBC Best Retail Betting Product award with it last month.
CAGAYAN CHIEF MOVES TO REASSURE LICENSEES -
Apparently $4 million is going into improvements of the Authority’s data centre in the Freeport at Cagayan, whilst another $3 million has been earmarked for an upgrade to data infrastructure located outside the Freeport.
New Massachusetts Online Gambling Bill -
It seems that every two years (give or take a few months) Massachusetts state Senator Bruce Tarr flights an online gambling legalization bill in the state Senate.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.