No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
Ultimate Bet Cheating Scandal Revisited
Sunday February 21,2016 : IOVATION AND ULTIMATEBET POKER SCANDAL REVISITED (Update)
Another look at how recently Nevada-licensed Iovation is associated with online poker's biggest ever cheating scandal.
Last week's news that Greg Pierson's geolocation and verification company Iovation has been awarded a Nevada Gaming Commission licence surprised many in the industry, and prompted investigative journalist Haley Hintze to revisit online poker's biggest yet cheating scandal.
Our readers will perhaps recall that Hintze is something of an expert on the UltimateBet scandal, having conducted a comprehensive and professionally documented investigation of the affair over the years and exposed much of the background and the individuals involved.
In her weekend article Hintze publishes a Q&A interview she conducted with ielogic programmer Jack Bates, who was there when the orders to the programming staff to create the used-for-cheating tool came down through iovation’s (then known as ieLogic) management.
Bates did not personally program "God Mode" as the cheating program came to be known (internally it was titled “Stealth Observer”) but he was with the company at the time.
The interview is a long but interesting and in-depth study of the historical situation on how "God Mode" originated, made currently relevant by the award of Iovation's new Nevada licence and therefore well worth a full read.
Cliff notes include:
* The programming of the original cheating tool and the ongoing maintenance took place Portland by ieLogic/iovation staffers;
* Programmer Brian Russ was the original coder tasked with creating the capability, and another programmer named Todd Bartleson did the necessary updates to maintain the facility;
* Hintze furnished the complete transcript of her original interview with Bates to the Nevada Gaming Commission three months ago, claiming that it shows the genesis of the cheating tool, and that UltimateBet was "absolutely, incontrovertible being operated from Portland, not Toronto."
* Prior to the creation of God Mode there was on the UltimateBet servers a capability for restricted personnel to examine log files, and even inspect live action;
* Access to those servers was strictly controlled and limited to Bates and three other senior employees: Daniel Cunningham, the company’s lead engineer and software designer, Chief Technical Officer Jason DeHaan and Brian Russ. Hintze notes that a fifth programmer, Scott Kirkowski may also have had access. In the interview Bates details the authority and responsibilities of those with access;
* The plan to create a purpose-built cheating tool titled Stealth Observer was broached as a security-anti-cheating measure at an engineering meeting in early 2003 attended by Bates and a number of named colleagues in Portland. Bates and some of his colleagues were not in favour of the idea and said as much to DeHaan, but this was disregarded and the programming was carried out by Brian Russ, who was not involved in the subsequent cheating;
* Bates gives a detailed technical description of the tool that emerged from this decision, noting that whenever a deal was done, that stealth observer could see all the hole cards at the table...and there were later additions;
* Access to Stealth Observer was restricted to Bates and three other senior employees: Daniel Cunningham, the company’s lead engineer and software designer, Chief Technical Officer Jason DeHaan and Brian Russ, although Bates did not use his access. Later in the interview Bates includes another programmer, Todd Bartleson who may have had technical access to update the program;
* Bates makes the point that many of the technical employees at ielogic were not poker players and in many cases did not really understand what was happening in terms of poker action through the servers;
* Bates knew of emails concerning Stealth Observer that were copied to Russ Hamilton, a shareholder in the company who was subsequently named by a KGC investigation as the principal cheater using "God Mode". Bates said there were frequent management orders of facilities Hamilton wanted;
* Hintze has promised further detailed revelations in the near future.
Gambling News :
Jurassic World Online Slot live -
During the base game, the fierce and genetically modified Indominus Rex can randomly appear on the screen, awarding wins of up to 1,000x the total bet.
Is there a place for AI in poker? -
If you are into the technology, you have certainly heard about Artificial Intelligence (AI) at least a few times. The word has become even more popular over the course of the last few years, especially with an introduction of another buzz word
MLB Odds: Mets vs. Dodgers -
Injuries have kept the New York Mets (31-37, –14.14 betting units) from being all they can be this year, but they expect to have Steven Matz on the mound for Wednesday’s game against fellow southpaw Rich Hill and the Los Angeles Dodgers (44-26, +7.56 units). First pitch from Chavez Ravine is 10 PM ET on ESPN.
NBA Odds: Warriors Down Cavs in Game 5, Reclaim Title -
It took a game longer than they would have liked, but the Golden State Warriors are once again the NBA champions. They beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 129-120 Monday night to eliminate the Cavs (+9 away) in five games and reclaim the Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy.
Vikings’ Victory Slot Launches -
The game’s impressive graphics take you to the sea side, where a longship sits beyond the reels. Mountains and trees make up the background, and smoke can be seen billowing from beyond the screen. The five reels are on a sail, with 25 paylines marked by red flags.
50 WSOP Seat Satellite -
Sunday, July 2nd at 3pm ET, two just days before the Fourth of July holiday, Americas Cardroom is running a 50-seat qualifier to the 2017 WSOP Main Event in Las Vegas.
NHL Odds: Series Tied Heading Back to Pittsburgh -
As quickly as Pekka Rinne lost his game in Pittsburgh, he found it again in Nashville. After Game 2, there were murmurings that Rinne wouldn’t start the next game. Predators Head Coach Peter Laviolette decided to stick with his goaltender, however, and Rinne led his team to two consecutive victories at home while stopping 50 of 52 shots.
Huge Win at Bitstarz Casino -
There has been plenty of big wins being landed at BitStarz lately, and yesterday, it was time again. Surprisingly it was yet another Amatic game that made one lucky player extra happy as he raked in an incredible $112,402 during an evening of intense playing.
NBA Odds: Can Warriors Keep up the Pace in Cleveland? -
The Cleveland Cavaliers head back home down 0-2 in the 2017 NBA Finals after losing the first two games straight up and against the spread to the Golden State Warriors by wide margins. Game 3 is Wednesday at 9 PM ET on ABC.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.