No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
Ultimate Bet Cheating Scandal Revisited
Sunday February 21,2016 : IOVATION AND ULTIMATEBET POKER SCANDAL REVISITED (Update)
Another look at how recently Nevada-licensed Iovation is associated with online poker's biggest ever cheating scandal.
Last week's news that Greg Pierson's geolocation and verification company Iovation has been awarded a Nevada Gaming Commission licence surprised many in the industry, and prompted investigative journalist Haley Hintze to revisit online poker's biggest yet cheating scandal.
Our readers will perhaps recall that Hintze is something of an expert on the UltimateBet scandal, having conducted a comprehensive and professionally documented investigation of the affair over the years and exposed much of the background and the individuals involved.
In her weekend article Hintze publishes a Q&A interview she conducted with ielogic programmer Jack Bates, who was there when the orders to the programming staff to create the used-for-cheating tool came down through iovation’s (then known as ieLogic) management.
Bates did not personally program "God Mode" as the cheating program came to be known (internally it was titled “Stealth Observer”) but he was with the company at the time.
The interview is a long but interesting and in-depth study of the historical situation on how "God Mode" originated, made currently relevant by the award of Iovation's new Nevada licence and therefore well worth a full read.
Cliff notes include:
* The programming of the original cheating tool and the ongoing maintenance took place Portland by ieLogic/iovation staffers;
* Programmer Brian Russ was the original coder tasked with creating the capability, and another programmer named Todd Bartleson did the necessary updates to maintain the facility;
* Hintze furnished the complete transcript of her original interview with Bates to the Nevada Gaming Commission three months ago, claiming that it shows the genesis of the cheating tool, and that UltimateBet was "absolutely, incontrovertible being operated from Portland, not Toronto."
* Prior to the creation of God Mode there was on the UltimateBet servers a capability for restricted personnel to examine log files, and even inspect live action;
* Access to those servers was strictly controlled and limited to Bates and three other senior employees: Daniel Cunningham, the company’s lead engineer and software designer, Chief Technical Officer Jason DeHaan and Brian Russ. Hintze notes that a fifth programmer, Scott Kirkowski may also have had access. In the interview Bates details the authority and responsibilities of those with access;
* The plan to create a purpose-built cheating tool titled Stealth Observer was broached as a security-anti-cheating measure at an engineering meeting in early 2003 attended by Bates and a number of named colleagues in Portland. Bates and some of his colleagues were not in favour of the idea and said as much to DeHaan, but this was disregarded and the programming was carried out by Brian Russ, who was not involved in the subsequent cheating;
* Bates gives a detailed technical description of the tool that emerged from this decision, noting that whenever a deal was done, that stealth observer could see all the hole cards at the table...and there were later additions;
* Access to Stealth Observer was restricted to Bates and three other senior employees: Daniel Cunningham, the company’s lead engineer and software designer, Chief Technical Officer Jason DeHaan and Brian Russ, although Bates did not use his access. Later in the interview Bates includes another programmer, Todd Bartleson who may have had technical access to update the program;
* Bates makes the point that many of the technical employees at ielogic were not poker players and in many cases did not really understand what was happening in terms of poker action through the servers;
* Bates knew of emails concerning Stealth Observer that were copied to Russ Hamilton, a shareholder in the company who was subsequently named by a KGC investigation as the principal cheater using "God Mode". Bates said there were frequent management orders of facilities Hamilton wanted;
* Hintze has promised further detailed revelations in the near future.
Limited time offer for all our Readers. All Countries. A brand new No Deposit Bonus. No Max Cashout. Claim It Here.
Gambling News :
South Africa Going After Illegal Gambling -
In South Africa a combined national police and federal enforcement initiative has shuttered 19 illegal gambling venues across the provinces of Northern Cape and North West.
Global Poker League Championship Results -
#gpl The inaugural season of the Global Poker League Championship played out this week with the Montreal Nationals besting the Berlin Bears across 11 games to claim the $100,000 main prize.
Yahoo DFS Gets Uk License -
#yahoo Industry observers point out that Yahoo has thus far carried out little in the way of major marketing on DFS in its US endeavors, unlike rivals DraftKings and FanDuel, and they expect it to follow a similar path in the Britain.
SPANISH GAMBLING MARKET CONTINUES TO GROW -
Spain's gambling industry continued to advance in 2015 with growth in most sectors, according to the latest research report from the Codere - University of Madrid Institute for Policy and Governance collaboration released this week.
Novomatic Acquires Albanian National Lottery -
#Novomatic The Austrian gaming technology group Novomatic has issued a statement confirming that it has completed the final required steps for the successful acquisition of the Albanian National Lottery.
2016 Massachusetts Gaming Commission Report -
Industry journalist Steve Ruddock picked up on some interesting statistics from the latest annual report of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission released this week, flagging the current results from its on-going monitoring research of the state gambling market.
Jack Lam denies bribe allegations -
Allegations by Philippines Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre that casino tycoon Jack Lam used 'facilitator' Wally Sombero in an attempt to bribe him into protecting Lam interests have been hotly denied by Lam.
Fonbet Gets Russian Betting License -
#Fonbet Russian-licensed operators are required to use officially sanctioned payment hubs called TSUPIS to facilitate government oversight, and this may be a concern for Fonbet at present.
New Attempts to Restore the Wire act -
In the first of these initiatives, which Online Poker Report notes is supported by only eight state AGs (half those who signed a similar letter last year), the signatories seek support for RAWA at a Congressional hearing scheduled for December 9.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.