12/20/11 : Pay off for determined youngster
Economics student Edoardo Alescio (23) emerged the dark horse of Season X when he took down the WPT Venice title along with a handsome paycheck.
The amateur poker player from Oderzo refused to throw in the towel in heads-up play against US poker pro Steve O'Dwyer who held a 2:1 chip lead over the young Italian.
Along with the title, Alescio takes home a prize of Euro 194 000, a seat at the $ 25 000 2012 WPT World Championship at Bellagio in Las Vegas, the Tiffany WPT Champions Award, the WPT Champions Trophy and entry into the WPT Champions Club.
Final table standings finished up:
1. Edoardo Alescio Italy Euro 194 000
2. Steve O’Dwyer U.S. Euro 95 930
3. Michele Caroli Italy Euro 66 090
4. Andrea Dato Italy Euro 43 170
5. Andrea Benelli Italy Euro 34 245
6. Alex Dovzhenko Ukraine Euro 27 035
Alescio told a cheering crowd, “All I really know is that I hope to come back to Venice in February and win the televised WPT then too! The drinks are on me tonight!”