Gigamedia, the Asian business group that owns online gambling software provider Everest Gaming (formerly Grand Virtual) and the popular Everest Poker website, has posted its third quarter results, showing an increase in net profits of 24 percent to $12 million.
Financial Highlights for Q.3 include:
* Consolidated revenues increased 16 percent to $45.7 million from $39.3 million in the same quarter in 2007, but decreased 7 percent from the previous quarter.
* GAAP consolidated income from operations decreased 42 percent year-over-year to $5.8 million from $10.0 million
in the same quarter in 2007 and decreased 50 percent quarter-over-quarter.
* Non-GAAP consolidated income from operations increased 12 percent year-over-year to $10.7 million from $9.6 million in the same quarter in 2007 and decreased 15 percent from the previous quarter.
* GAAP consolidated net income grew 24 percent to $12.0 million from $9.7 million in the same quarter in 2007 and increased by 7 percent from the second quarter of 2008.
* Non-GAAP consolidated net income increased 22 percent to $10.7 million from $8.8 million in the same quarter in 2007 and decreased 10 percent from the previous quarter.
Operational highlights included the final disposal of Gigamedia's last legacy ISP business, completing the transition to the new GigaMedia, an online entertainment and gambling group. The poker software continued to deliver good performance and revenues despite the traditionally quiet quarter, whilst online casino operations produced record revenues. The group's Asian online games platform is nearing completion and will be launched as planned in the fourth quarter of 2008 and the first quarter of 2009.
The re-branded Everest Gaming platform added over 40 new cash-wager casino games featuring Marvel's Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man, X-Men and others in collaboration with Cryptologic.
"GigaMedia performed well in the third quarter despite the normal summer slowdown and the negative affects of the Olympics on player activity," said President Thomas Hui. "We look forward to continued growth in our core businesses driven by a strong lineup of new games and sponsorships."
GigaMedia CEO Arthur Wang commented: "The financial turmoil has created many concerns, many fears. Nevertheless, the fact is we continue to run a high-growth business generating high levels of free cash flow and look to an even better 2009 supported by a strong balance sheet and cash position with no net debt."
Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you Recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. Recentpoker.com lists all the best online casino and online poker site bonus codes. In addition to gambling bonus codes, you will find honest online gambling site reviews, news and promotions. Enjoy