Sunday, November 6, 2011 : Italy proves a good investment
Lottomatica Group S.p.A. posted strong third quarter results driven primarily by its Italian operations.
Wagers from the company's Interactive segment showed impressive growth with a total of Euro 557.9 million (Q3/2010: Euro 100.5 million) due to the newly-launched online casino and cash poker games in the Italian market.
GTECH G2's third-quarter revenue contributions were Euro 20.3 million, up 18.7 percent over the same period last year.
Other key performance indicators over the third quarter ending September 30, 2011 include:
– Record Revenues totaling Euro 740.9 million (Q3/2010: Euro 552.2 million), up 34.2 percent.
– Service revenue grew 34.0 percent to Euro 687.9 million driven by Machine Gaming, Lotto, and Scratch & Win in Italy, as well as GTECH same store revenue, partially offset by the impact of foreign currency fluctuations.
– Product sale revenues grew 35.8 percent to Euro 53.0 million versus the third quarter of last year.
– EBITDA was Euro 237.0 million (Q3/2010: Euro 199.7 million), up 18.7 percent.
– Net income, attributable to the parent, was Euro 58.5 million (Q3/2010: Euro -13.2 million).
– Wagers from sports betting in Italy, including pool games, were Euro 154.1 million (Q3/2010: Euro 173.3 million) – impacted by World Cup Soccer 2010
Marco Sala, CEO of Lottomatica Group, said, “We are encouraged by the positive trends in our business fundamentals and feel that we are well positioned to meet our commitments for the year.”