The UK-based 3D online poker company PKR.com has announced a bold move into European television which it hopes will achieve extended viewer numbers in up to 15 million homes across the continent.
Airing nightly, the shows will feature in-game footage captured from the final tables of two of PKR.com's top tournaments – the $100 buy-in "$10 000 Guaranteed" tournament taking place each Thursday and Saturday’s $60 buy-in "$20,000 Guaranteed TV Showdown".
Taking its lead from popular real world poker broadcasts, PKR.com’s televised tournaments allow viewers to see all hole cards while listening to expert analysis provided by the PKR.com podcast team – host Colin Morris and commentators James ‘Jabbawa’ Bach and Dan ‘Danski’ Grant.
A company spokesman said that PKR.com’s rich real-time 3D graphics, customisable player avatars and range of emotes will all contribute to making this the most engaging, entertaining and watchable online poker programming yet seen.
“The chance to play poker on TV was traditionally the preserve of well bankrolled pro’s, but our televised tournaments now give players of all levels the chance to play in front of audiences across all of Europe” said PKR.com marketing director, Simon Prodger.
PKR.com’s televised tournaments will be available to viewers in the UK, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and Malta. All broadcasts are also available for viewing online at the PKR TV channel on You Tube.
The PKR tournament schedule:
• In the UK on Sky channels 157 (Hollywood TV) and 842
• In France on Noos, Numericable and Free (Channels 48, 95 and 145 respectively)
• In Germany on Kabel Deutschland, KBW, Unity Media, NetCologne, NetMartens, Zattoo
• In Belgium on BeTV and Coditel (Channel 168)
• In Luxembourg on Coditel (Channel 168)
• In Netherlands on UPC Digital (Channel 127) and KPN (Channel 316)
• In Finland, on Welho (Channel 212) and Canal Digital (Channel 94)
• In Norway, Sweden and Denmark on Canal Digital (Channel 94)
• In Iceland on Skjarinn
• In Spain on Imagenio (Channel 98) and Zattoo
• In Malta on MelitaCable (Channel 209)
• Pan-Europe: at 1° West with set top box tuned to 11.229 GHZ Horizontal
The large viewer catchment has been achieved by partnering with Pitch Gaming (UK channels 157 and 842) and the Poker Channel Europe (non-UK coverage). The Poker Channel alone is broadcast to over 15 million cable and satellite homes in 13 markets
Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you Recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. Recentpoker.com lists all the best online casino and online poker site bonus codes. In addition to gambling bonus codes, you will find honest online gambling site reviews, news and promotions. Enjoy