The 2013 WSOP established new records for:
- Biggest single day attendance ever: 6,343 players in Event #6, shattering the record of 4,128 players in Event #29 in 2012 by 54%. Event #6 broke several other records as well, including: A) Largest non-Main Event field size ever (8th largest poker tournament ever), B) Largest $1500 buy-in poker tournament ever held, C) Most unique entrants for a non-WSOP Main Event (5,044 unique entrants), D) Largest 1st place prize for a $1500 buy-in ($1,199,104), E) Largest re-entry event field size ever (6,343)
- Largest Seniors event in history: Event #26 attracted a 4,407 players, eclipsing by 7 percent the previous record of 4,128 set last year. Year-over-year event prize money was up 7 percent from last year, jumping to $3,966,300 from $3,715,200.
- Largest $10,000 buy-in tournament in discipline other than No-Limit Hold’em: Event #60, the $10,000 buy-in Pot-Limit Omaha championship attracted a record 386 entrants, the most players to ever enter a poker tournament with a buy-in of $10,000 for a game other than No-Limit Hold’em. It was the largest PLO tournament the WSOP has ever held at the $10,000 buy-in level, and the largest field size for a WSOP $10,000 buy-in event outside of the Main Event. Prize pool was a record $3,628,400.
- Biggest High-Roller Event ever: 166 Players put up $111,111 for the One Drop High Rollers event (Event #47), easily breaking the record for most players to post a six-figure buy-in in a live tournament. The total prize pool of $17,891,148 was the second largest live prize pool of the year behind the Main Event.
- Most events with $1MM+ First Prize: Five distinct events (Event #6, Event #47, Event #52, Event #55 & Event #62) paid the winner more than $1,000,000 in prize money, a WSOP record. Three events (Event #47, Event #55 and Event #62) made multiple millionaires from the prize pool.
- Most cashes at WSOP without an event win: Tony Cousineau of Daytona Beach, Fla., extended his record as the player with the most cashes – 57 – without a win. He cashed four times in 2013.
- All-time Cashes and Final Tables: Phil Hellmuth added to his record as the individual all-time leader in cashes (99) with his four cashes in 2013.
Here are some other notable tournament records set at the 2013 WSOP:
- Largest live Omaha High-Low Split Tournament in history (1,014 entries) – Event #20
- Largest live $1,500 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em tournament in history with single day start (6,343 entries) – Event #6
- Largest live $1,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em tournament in history with single day start (3,164 entries) – Event #3
- Largest consecutive-days starting field sizes in poker history (combined 8,180) – Event #6 (6,343) and Event #7 (1,837) – Broke record of 6,939 in 2012 by 18 percent.
- Largest Seniors tournament in poker history (4,407 entries) – Event #26
- Biggest Seniors No-Limit Hold’em championship prize pool in history ($3,966,300) – Event #26
- Largest single-start live tournament in poker history (4,407 entries) – Event #26
- Most bracelet victories for a country, outside the United States – CANADA, 10 victories (besting previous record of 6 set in 2010)
- Most money won by a woman at one WSOP: Loni Harwood – $874,698 (Loni cashed six times, final tabled three events and won her first WSOP gold bracelet in Event #60)