Written On 4/5/11 By Lenny Wasman :
Online poker meets social networking
Chilipoker, a member of the iPoker Network, has launched ChiliConnect, an add-on linked to the websites' software that allows players to share results and play with or against friends.
"We decided to add this social experience online alongside a unique real money challenging system. More than ever, our mantra ‘Spice Up Your Game’ is true", said founder of the company, Alexandre Dreyfus.
Chilipoker intends to add more innovations in the next few weeks with more social tools for players and their friends, more challenges, more ways to enjoy the game of poker, Dreyfus continued.
ChiliConnect features include:
– Sharing poker results on social networks and with friends.
– Real-time tracking of friend's activities:
– positive performance only: cash games/tournaments/SNGs and challenges
– see next tournaments friends are registered to, one-click to join or challenge them
– top daily results by other Chilipoker players
– sort by online poker community.
– Challenging online players and creating side bets with friends
– create any challenge in 5 seconds and send it to friends or any Chilipoker player
– play a last longer (survivor) in any tournament (including iPoker) from 2 and up to 6 players
– set a last longer up to 30 minutes after the tournament starts
– run a cash game challenge against another player on any table.
– Risk swapping with other players
– Get a percentage of friends winnings
– In real time, swap with any friend or Chilipoker player in every poker tournament.
– Exchange up to 40 percent of shares in any tournament (including iPoker) with a buy-in
– Swapping is possible before and after the tournament starts
The website will be launching an international TV campaign from Mid-April based on the new product and its new motto “Connect Players”.