Monday May 13,2013 : VEIKKAUS DELIVERS RESPECTABLE RESULTS
Strong online and sports betting growth
Finnish gaming operator Veikkaus, reporting on its first quarter ending March 31, 2013, said 36 percent of its net sales were now garnered from electronic channels.
Key performance indicators include:
– Betting turnover of Euro 479.1 million, up 4 percent.
– Company revenues of Euro 136.4 million, up 1 percent.
– Registered customers now total 1 484 000.
– Betting revenue increased across all gaming formats.
– Strongest growth was in sports betting where sales rose 15.4 percent to Euro 55.7 million.
– Online yielded good results with turnover of Euro 14.6 million equating to 49.7 percent increase.
Veikkaus chief executive officer Juha Koponen said the company's successful drive towards cost effectiveness will continue in the future.
Proceeds will be spent on Finland's arts, sports, science, education and youth work.