AMAYA RELEASE PRELIMINARY THIRD QUARTER RESULTS
Continued growth in sportsbetting and casino verticals.
Amaya Inc. has cautiously released a selection of preliminary results based on its “managements initial review of operations and performance”.
Key performance indicators for this set of preliminary results, covering the three month period ending September 30 2016, include:
– Total revenues of between $268 to $273 million, as compared to approximately $247 million of total revenues for the third quarter ended September 30, 2015.
– Real-money online poker revenues and real-money online casino and sportsbook combined revenues are expected to represent approximately 73 percent and 24 percent of expected total revenues for the quarter, respectively, as compared to 81 percent and 15 percent for the prior year period.
– Total combined Quarterly Real-Money Active Uniques (QAUs) of 2.4 million, represent an increase of approximately 5 percent y-o-y.
– Around 2.3 million QAUs played online poker during the quarter, representing an increase of around 3 percent y-o-y.
– Amayas online casino offerings had around 490,000 QAUs and its emerging online sportsbook offerings had approximately 230,000 QAUs.
– Total Quarterly Net Yield of $110 to $111, which would represent an increase of 4 percent to 5 percent y-o-y.
"We anticipate our third quarter performance will continue to demonstrate the improving strength of PokerStars core poker business, as well as continued growth in our new verticals of online casino and sports betting," Rafi Ashkenazi, chief executive officer of Amaya, said in a press statement.
Looking ahead, Amaya said its four strategic priorities, identified at the start of the fiscal year, remain. These comprise growth of its leadership position in poker, aspirations to lead in online casino, the building of a competitive online sportsbook and the achievement of operational excellence through improved efficiencies.
Amaya further stated its expectation in terms of full year guidance for 2016. These include:
– Revenues of $1,127 to $1,157 million.
– Adjusted EBITDA of $490 to $510 million.
– Adjusted Net Earnings of $332 to $352 million
– Adjusted Net Earnings per Diluted Share of $1.71 to $1.82.
Full, audited results are expected to be released on November 14, 2016.