11/28/2012 : SIGNIFICANT GROWTH IN ARISTOCRAT'S LATEST RESULTS
Strong outlook as company moves into new high growth distribution channels
Aristocrat Leisure Limited announced its full year results for the nine months to September, 30 2012, in line with its recent change to the business' financial year end.
Key performance highlights include:
– A 12 month profit of $91.7 million, ahead of expectation which represents a 69.2 percent rise in net profit after tax (NPAT) compared to the prior corresponding period.
– Over the nine month period, NPAT of $45.5 million representing a 128.6 percent increase compared to the prior corresponding period.
– EBIT growth of over 53.5 percent and revenue growth of 25.4 percent over the 12 months to September 30, 2012.
– Over the nine month period, EBIT growth of 75.7 percent and revenue growth of 29.7 percent was recorded compared to the prior corresponding period.
– The continued improvement in operating and free cash flow.
Jamie Odell, chief executive officer and managing director of Aristocrat commented:
“Aristocrat is prepared to capitalise on new, high growth distribution channels, and our strengthened balance sheet gives us the ability to consider investing strategically and providing enhanced returns to shareholders. Recently announced acquisitions position us to compete in the expanding online and social gaming markets.
“These strategic steps, coupled with our investment in outstanding creative and technical talent, will deliver real value for the business over the medium term as the industry evolves.
“Major new game releases across all key markets, continued cost discipline and the benefit of efficiency and culture measures are expected to drive a further lift in operational performance over the current financial year, despite sustained headwinds."