Wednesday July 22,2015 : UNIMPRESSIVE SECOND QUARTER FOR FRENCH ONLINE GAMBLING
But sports betting again predominates.
Q2-2015 stats from the French regulator ARJEL were released this week, showcasing:
* Overall online wagering down 0.4 percent to Euro 1.945 billion;
* GGR down 0.1 percent to Euro 180.3 million;
* Deposits and revenue lower at 1 percent and 1.5 percent;
* Good performance from sports betting, which has replaced horse racing as the best performer;
* Q2-2015 sports betting stakes up 18 percent to Euro 338 million and sports betting revenue up 7 percent to Euro 63 million;
* Average weekly active accounts rose by 5 percent to 187,000;
* Horseracing turnover down 3 percent to Euro 248 million;
* Horseracing revenue down 3 percent to Euro 61 million – lower than that from sports betting for the first time in five years;
* Football continued to dominate sports betting with wagers up 5 percent to Euro 189.1 million;
* Tennis wagering was up an impressive 53 percent to Euro 87.6 million, the second biggest contributor to the sports betting vertical;
* In-play betting continued to feature prominently in both football and tennis, with live betting deposits accounting for 32 percent of football wagers and 61 percent for tennis.
* Mobile channels were again prominent, accounting for 47 percent of all sports betting, especially in the 18 to 34 year demographic.
* Online poker revenue slipping 2 percent overall to Euro 56.3 million, with tournament stakes up 16 percent to Euro 421 million, but cash games declining 10 percent to Euro 938 million;