Friday June 22, 2012 : BETFRED TIE UP WITH INFOMEDIA
Deal termed as groundbreaking
Betfred.com has entered into a major service supply deal with full-service mobile agency InfoMedia.
Under the terms of the deal, Betfred will in conjunction with InfoMedia insert its odds across applicable services to cover all major sports including football, racing, rugby, tennis and Formula 1.
The relationship will be managed in whole by InfoMedia who hold exclusive deals with a number of UK operators which include Telecom giants Orange and T-Mobile.
The integrated services from InfoMedia and Betfred.com will deliver:
– Sports betting, bingo, gaming and casino mobile services across iPhone, Android, Windows and BlackBerry platforms.
– Social media activity with the promotion of the @Betfred Twitter feed across football, F1, rugby, cricket, racing, tennis, snooker, athletics, boxing, golf and Olympics content.
– Contextual promotions across relevant editorial features and key traffic areas.
– Exclusive competitions and promotions.
– Banner inventory and the integration of live odds services through the InfoMedia 247 Sport portal.
The service will include television, celebrity and novelty bets along with the more traditional sports betting.
Further developments will see an interactive football predictor and race-card that will deliver odds, news and predictions to users’ handsets.
Betfred.com managing director Chris Sheffield commented: “This is a ground-breaking deal for the mobile industry and a very exciting evolution for Betfred.com. More customers will be able to access and enjoy our betting platform. We pride ourselves on giving the best value and unique bonuses which will now be available to the millions of customers available via InfoMedia’s approved operator channels such as Orange and T-Mobile.”
Chief Executive Officer of InfoMedia, Michael Tomlins commented: “Given the sports and editorial pedigree we have developed, adding the betting facilities under a strong brand like Betfred makes solid commercial sense. We will handle not only the customer-facing issues such as SMS communication and inserting the odds for given sports event or news story, but also the back end customer relationship management.”