Thursday November 27,2014 : NEW INDUSTRY NUMBERS FROM THE U.K. GAMBLING COMMISSION
British gambling industry generated GBP 6.8 billion in GGY between April 2013 and March 2014.
The latest industry numbers from the British Gambling Commission show that the industry is alive and well in the United Kingdom, generating Gross Gambling Yield of GBP 6.8 billion in the period April 2013 to March 2014… an increase of 6 percent on the corresponding figure for April 2012 to March 2013.
Other interesting take-outs from the report show:
* The non-remote betting sector holds the largest market share, delivering 47 percent of GGY;
* Growth is highest in remote betting, bingo and casino at 22 percent since last year, followed by arcades, betting, and large society lotteries;
* Betting shop machines produced GGY of GBP 1.56 billion – up only 1 percent despite a 4 percent increase in the number of machines during the year;
* Industry headcount fell by 5,357 over the year to 102,715 employees;
* National Lottery sales reached GBP 6.7 billion during the reporting period.
See the full report here: