Wednesday June 17,2015 : CAESARS INTERACTIVE FINED FOR RESPONSIBLE GAMING LAPSE
 
Third party supplier fault reported to authorities by the company itself.
 
A third party supplier lapse in responsible gaming precautions resulted in Caesars Interactive Entertaiment paying a $15,000 fine to the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement this week after it self-reported the incident.
 
The offence, which took place in April, involved the third party supplier soliciting gamblers who had previously signed up on the company's self-exclusion list. The DGE accused CIE of permitting the self-excluded gamblers to create Internet gambling accounts and allowing five of them to actually place online bets. It also claimed Caesars sent marketing material to 231 self-excluded gamblers, soliciting their business.
 
The company paid a $10,000 fine for a similar infraction last year.
 
Caesars spokesman Seth Palansky said Caesars Interactive actually turned itself in to regulators when it uncovered the error.
 
“We self-reported this error to the DGE after we were notified by our third-party provider a lapse in procedure occurred,” Palansky said. “We regret the error, and apologize to those affected by it. We accept the punishment and will work more diligently to avoid a repeat mistake.”