July 11,2012 : CAESARS CAPITALISES ON WORLD SERIES OF POKER WITH A NEW APP
Interactive division and EA Mobile collaborate on new poker product
EA Mobile, a division of Electronic Arts, Inc. and the interactive division of World Series of Poker organisers Caesars Entertainment have partnered up to launch a new iOS poker app.
World Series of Poker Presented by EA is billed as a new, true-to-life, play-for-fun poker app that brings one of the most trusted names in poker to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices worldwide.
The app is designed to appeal to novices and pro players alike with the challenge of going after virtual bracelets and rings, VIP rooms and Pro status levels that can only be earned with skill.
"EA and Caesars have teamed up to bring the most authentic poker game to the App Store," said Bernard Kim, Senior Vice President of Social and Mobile Publishing at EA.
"We've taken the adrenaline rush of playing at the table and combined it with stats to help you anticipate your opponents' moves for a truly fun and competitive game that fans can play anytime. No other app captures the true poker experience like World Series of Poker."
Key features in the new offering include:
* Multiple game modes including two different styles of poker with Texas Hold'em and Omaha Poker.
* Facebook compatibility with anonymous login options coming soon.
* Tournaments to collect virtual WSOP rings and bracelets.
* The ability to track and analyze over 25 statistics including the frequency of raises and the percentage of folds pre-flop.
* Real time chat with other players and the facility to send virtual gifts to friends in-game.
* Service enabling the purchase of additional chip stacks