CHINESE MOBILE GAMING MARKET IS BOOMING
New Research and Markets study released.
The business research company Research and Markets has released its study of the Chinese mobile gaming market, revealing the following highlights:
* China's mobile games market revenue was $750 million in 2012, and is predicted to grow to $1.2 billion in 2013, representing a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 46 percent from 2012 – 2017.
* A surge in popularity of games on smartphones in late 2012 resulted in a sharp decline of usage of casual and social online games on the PC platform, as gamers shifted to gaming on mobile devices.
* Around 500 million smartphones are expected to be active in China by the end of 2013, up from 100 million in early 2012. These smartphones are taking advantage of the fast migration of users to 3G and faster networks, which is creating a ripe environment for increasingly engaging games.
* Western developers must understand and adjust their games for Chinese gamers and the complex distribution environment prior to attempting to launch a game in China.
* The most popular category of mobile games is casual/trivia, but more intense games such as role-playing and strategy games will gain importance over time on the mobile platform.
* There are more than 80,000 development studios in China working on mobile games, releasing 100+ games per day with companies finding it increasingly difficult to stand out in the crowded market. However, this is a very dynamic market with rapid consolidation expected.
The study ‘China's Mobile Game Market Report 2013' includes detailed data on the mobile games market size and forecast, installed mobile handset details, popular Chinese mobile games titles, mobile gamer behavioural data from quarterly surveys of more than 4,000 gamers, and data analysed on 370 million smartphones.
For more information click on: