Thursday August 20,2015 : DANISH ONLINE GAMBLING MARKET IN GOOD HEALTH
Online casino vertical continues to be best performer.
The latest numbers from Denmark's online gambling regulator, Spillemyndigheden, portray an industry in good health in Q2-2015, with online casino action delivering the best potential.
The reports notes that:
* Online licensee revenues were up an impressive 25 percent year-on-year to DKK 335 million ($49.9 million) in the second quarter of 2015, and 8 percent up on Q1-2015;
* Overall, the land and online gambling market generated revenue 11 percent up at DKK 805 million;
* The casino vertical was once again the star of the online show, delivering DKK 295 million in revenues, or 28 percent up year-on-year;
* Online poker again underperformed and remained static at DKK 40 million;
* The regulator regrettably does not distinguish between online and land sports betting metrics, but Spillemyndigheden said the two combined delivered DKK 470 million in revenues, up just under 6 percent year-on-year.