02/12/2012 : TIME FOR EVERLEAF POKER TO SPEAK
Conflicting statements from skins are not reassuring for players
48 hours or more after telling its players it was exiting the US market, the Everleaf Poker network remains silent on the causes for the withdrawal and the arrangements it has made for its American players to cash out.
Instead, skins on the network are apparently being left to assuage the fears of players; a duty that surely is an obligation of the network, which was the entity that made the decision.
The latest communication came from – you guessed it – one of the network's sites instead of the network itself.
A spokesperson for Luvin Poker sent players a lengthy and marketing-laden email explaining in summary:
* The Department of Justice has not seized its funds
* The decision by Everleaf to exit the US market was not the result of any action by the US Department of Justice
* All US player monies are safe at Everleaf, which will be turning these funds in to the Lotteries and Gaming Authority in Malta to be distributed to the players.
* Services to non-US players remain undisturbed.
* Luvin Poker has not given up on US players and is seeking a way to offer play-money games and tournament.
* Again as far as Luvin Poker is concerned: "Real money for U.S. players will be returning in the future."