Posted By Lenny S On 4/8/11 :
Research and Market's latest survey paints on a broad canvas
Tackling an in-depth international study of the online gambling industry and its many channels and facets is ambitious to say the least, but Research and Markets has deployed its considerable assets to pull it off.
"Online Gambling Trends – 2010/2011" has just been released by the research company, showcasing trends, insights, and objective analysis on what will drive the online gambling market now and in the future.
Currently, the online gambling market is awash with new industry trends and issues, such as liberalisation, consolidation, B2B/B2G, U.S. market developments, and mobile betting, to name just a few.
The study asks which trends are relevant (and for whom); which ones are just hype, and what are the numbers/analyses behind the trends?
Among those topics most relevant to the business, which RandM have analysed are:
* Liberalisation: Effects of market liberalisations, blessing or curse?
* Consolidation, mergers, and acquisitions ahead
* B2B and B2G: Real and sustainable growth driver or last option to grow?
* Products and channels to come: Mobile, iPad, live betting, online lotteries, instant, MMOGs – which will stay a niche product and which will become relevant?
* U.S., Asia, India: Near-term reality or only wishful thinking?
* The regions to watch.
* Market players: Future role of state lotteries and incumbents, media companies, local operators.
* Movers and shakers: The fastest growing gambling websites in the past 12 months.
* The future role of state lotteries and other incumbents
* The impact of the media industry – partners or competitors?
* Private online lottery operators – lottery brokers and others
* Changes for providers of gambling technology and other services
* Growth regions in the near future
* Europe – still enough potential for growth
* Swiss liberalisation
Over 100 industry insiders