Monday November 12, 2012 : HRADF RECEIVES EOI FROM EIGHT FOR SALE OF OPAP
Includes Chinese conglomerate and private equity interest firms
The Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRDAF) said eight potential investors have submitted an expression of interest (EOI) regarding the share sale of 33 percent of OPAP (Hellenic Football Prognostics Organization).
The following entities or consortia responded to the invitation:
– BC Partners, a London-based private equity firm whose buyout of the Intelsat global satellite services provider in 2007 was considered to be one of the largest private equity buyouts in history valued at US$16.6 billion. The firm also has interests in Greek entertainment and hotel group "Regency Entertainment S.A."
– Emma Delta Ltd, a fund advised by Emma Delta Management Ltd which is beneficially owned by Czech investor Jiri Smejc (66,7 percent) and Greek shipping tycoon George Melisanidis (33,3 percent)
– Consortium of Gauselmann AG (55 Percent), the German East-Westphalian family-run company with headquarters in Espelkamp/Lübbecke, Estonia-based gaming software development and services company Playtech Ltd (41 percent) and Helvason Ltd (4 percent)
– Consortium of Intralot Holdings Luxemburg S.A. (34 percent) and Intralot Investments Ltd (66 percent), the Greek gaming software firm, currently OPAP's technology provider
– Primrose Treasure Limited, a subsidiary of investment firm Fosun International, one of China's most prominent business groups. Fosun's main shareholder is billionaire entrepreneur Guo Guangchang.
– Third Point LLC, a New York-based hedge fund founded by Daniel Loeb.
– TPG Capital, a US-headquartered private equity investment fund founded in 1992.
– Triple Five World Group Properties Limited
Recommendations on which submissions meet the selection criteria in order to move forward to the next phase of the tender will be forwarded by HRADF advisors to the HRDAF Board of Directors.
Yannis Emiris, chief executive officer of HRADF said: "We are satisfied by the response of the investment community, which has demonstrated its trust in the prospects of the country, despite the difficult economic situation. The number and entity of the submissions received is also a proof of investors’ confidence in our tendering procedures."