INTERWETTEN ENJOYS A GOOD Q2 -2016
Online casino operator reports net profit up Net profit up 13 percent at Euro 5.7 million
The Malta-licensed online casino and sports book operator Interwetten has published positive Q2-2016 and half-year numbers highlighting:
* Q2 GGR up at Euro 16.9 million, whilst GGR for the half-year reached Euro 32.8 million – up 29 percent;
* Revenue during the Euro 2016 football championship rose 35 percent compared to the FIFA World Cup 2014, which had had 13 more games;
*Half-year revenue from sports betting was up 93 percent y-o-y;
* Online casino revenue increased 40 percent in June compared with the corresponding period last year, with mobile operations delivering a major contribution; in the case of online casino 43 percent and from sportsbetting 63 percent.
* Group half-year EBITDA rose 13 percent y-o-y to Euro 6.7 million, with net profit up by a similar amount to Euro 5.7 million.
* Interwetten has expanded the casino games inventory by bringing on-board providers like Elk Studios, Playson, Yggdrasil, and Quickspin, boosting a gaming suite that now offers over 800 desktop and 400 mobile gaming titles.