Saturday May 26, 2012 : INTERNET GAMBLING BILL PROGRESSES IN NEW JERSEY
But there have been another slew of amendments….
The New Jersey Senate has approved further amendments to a bill introduced by Sens. Jim Whelan and Ray Lesniak that seeks to legalise online gambling in the Garden State.
Senate Bill 1565 was extensively debated, with amendments introduced late last week that included:
* Any game authorised for land casinos can be offered online, subject to approval by the regulator.
* Internet gaming companies have been added to the definition of “casino service industry enterprises” and are covered by the same licensing requirements.
* The regulator must ensure that both the hardware and software used in Internet gaming is tested.
* All Internet gaming equipment must be located within a licensed casino resort in Atlantic City, and not just within Atlantic City.
* Internet gaming goods and services companies are permitted to "participate" in agreements with casino licensees.
* The state is to undertake an educational campaign on Internet gaming.
* Prominent display of responsible gambling information to be available at log in and log off stages.
* Greater provision to be made for the funding of compulsive gambling treatment.