Tuesday February 26,2013 : ORDIC GAMING FIRM DOING WELL
30.8 percent rise in revenues, and 105,000 more players
The Scandinavian online gambling group Nordic Leisure AB has posted a much more encouraging set of results for 2012, reporting:
* 30.8 percent rise year-on-year in annual revenues to SEK101.8 million ($15.84 million).
* Operating profit for the twelve-month period up at SEK8.9 million ($1.38 million) (2011 deficit of SEK3.5 million ($544,922))
* Player deposits up by 22 percent year-on-year to SEK385.2 million ($59.97 million)
* 105,000 new players signed up in 2012, with total players rising to 394,365 – 49,604 registering during the fourth quarter
* Gross profit after tax up 35 percent at SEK73.7 million ($11.47 million)
* Overall profit after tax up an impressive 248.8 percent to SEK6.7 million
* Latvia's first licensed Internet casino Optibet.lv
* Q4-2012 operating revenues of SEK28.2 million ($4.39 million) with an operating profit of SEK4.7 million ($731,952).
Group chief exec Claes Hallen said that the company had focused on better product and top customer service, especially in the fourth quarter.
“Our revenues from casino gambling accounted for over 50 percent of the total revenues in the fourth quarter [with] betting accounting for almost 32 percent and poker 18 percent,” he said.
Group subsidiaries and sites include Redbet.com, OptiBet.lv, HeyPoker.com, WhiteBet.com, GoldClubCasino.com and TotalPoker.com.