Saturday April 5,2014 : DIGITAL GAMING TASK FORCE CREATED IN ONTARIO
Focused on modernising Ontario Lottery and Gaming and growing digital gaming sector
Ontario MPP David Orazeitti announced the formation of the Sault Ste. Marie Digital Gaming Task Force this week, a body focused on ensuring a modern and profitable Ontario Lottery and Gaming (OLG) along with new economic development and job creation for the city.
Orazeitti said Sault already has a burgeoning digital gaming sector, the growth of which would create new opportunities.
Representatives on the task force, which will be led by the Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation and the Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre, include:
– Tom Marinelli, acting ceo of Ontario Lottery and Gaming
– Doug Pollard, co-ceo of Pollard Banknote
– Anup Kumar, executive director at the Canadian Banknote Company
– Terry DeBono, partner at The Debono Group
– Tom Dodds, ceo of the Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation
– Tom Vair, executive director Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre
– David Schantz, vp academic and research Algoma University
– Leo Tiberi, vp academic Sault College
“Today’s announcement is one element of a multi-faceted strategy designed to drive new businesses here and create high-tech jobs,” Tom Dodds, chief executive officer of the Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation said.
“We are very fortunate to have assembled this group of lottery and gaming leaders to help build local capacity in this sector and help guide us in our future efforts," added Tom Vair of the Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre.”