Posted 1/12/11 : PokerStars announces innovative Home Games product
The latest player-focused initiative at the giant online poker website Pokerstars is Home Games, a fresh concept that allows players to set up their own private online poker games with friends and other invited players, creating their own online "poker clubs" for free.
The Pokerstars website informs players that they can use the new facility to create and manage a private poker club, where they can play the games they wish with friends or others, when they want to.
Players are invited to select a club name and invitation code, giving them their own private poker lobby to customise with Home Games tables and tournaments of choice. To invite selected players, the originator sends the private club ID and invitation code, bringing them on board as they join the club.
Scheduling games and tournaments is also straightforward – the player simply chooses the game, the stakes and then sets the date and time for the event. The Pokerstars system will automatically send the relevant details to fellow club members.
Key features include:
* Club Management Tools – used to choose administrators, manage membership, customise club games and lobbies and set length of club sessions.
* Club Leader Board – displays the top players by points awarded in tournament play
* Player Statistics – used to view points earned, top finishers, knockouts for each club member
* Save Favourite Game Setups – used to direct players to favourite customised games on repeat visits.
* Game Schedule – sets tournament dates and times, plus open ring game tables
* Game Results – used to view tournament finishing positions, points earned and knockouts
* Private Games – all games and tournaments are available exclusively to members of each club
* Custom Tables – game tables feature the name of each club on the felt.
* Full Range of Poker Games – originators can choose from a wide range of games like Hold’em, Omaha, Stud, Mixed and HORSE