Wednesday June 3,2015 : World Series of Poker has posted some interesting statistics from what is surely the world's biggest live tournament to date – the $565 buy-in Colossus, which is currently at final table stage with Adi Prasetyo leading the nine survivors.
* 22,374 official entrants – the highest number of players ever to take part in a single live tournament.
* Previous record – WSOP main event 2006, which attracted 8,773 entries…smaller than Colossus by 255 percent.
* Prize pool of $11,187,000, which enables a record 2,241 players to cash a minimum $1,096. That represents the most players cashing in a major tournament; the previous record was 873 in the 2006 Main Event.
* Entries far eclipse the live attendances at the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight (16,800); the NBA’s record-breaking season average attendance of 17,826 or the National Hockey League's average attendance of 17,443.
* Colossus will pay the largest first-place prize for a $500 buy-in event at $638,880.
* Best single-day attendance with 12,172 entries was last Saturday. The second-largest single-day attendance was Friday with 10,202 players.
* 111,870,000, the total number of chips in play for this event.
* Number of dealers: 982.
* Number of card decks used: 4,480.