Tuesday October 16,2012 : SLINGO CLOSING IN ON REAL MONEY GAMBLING (Update)
UK operations to start by the end of this year?
Social game developer Slingo has re-ignited interest in its real-money online gambling ambitions, previously announced in April and May this year as involving talks with major potential partners like Playtech and GTechG2.
The company issued a statement highlighting the popularity of its Zynga Slingo game on Facebook, which was the site's most popular game in September with over 54.2 million MAUs (monthly average users).
More than two-thirds of the game’s Facebook players are generated from outside the U.S, and In the past calendar year, Slingo has significantly increased its worldwide presence and revenue from overseas territories as it continues to expand its iGaming infrastructure and leverage its brand awareness.
"For more than 16 years, Slingo has been a top brand across multiple channels and business models, including social mobile and real-money wagering,” said Rich Roberts, CEO of Slingo, Inc. “As the first social game on the internet and now the fastest-growing social brand, we are excited about building off this success with our new releases in the social mobile and iGaming marketplaces later this year."
• Slingo games are played by over 150 million people worldwide across a variety of gaming platforms, including online, retail, mobile, casino slots, bingo halls, lottery and others.
• More than 600,000 games are played each day on Slingo.com.
• Slingo.com has more than 4 million registered users — 80 percent are women who are highly engaged and spend an average of 80+ minutes per day.
• Over 1 billion Slingo slot machine pulls.
• Currently the #1 Casino App on iTunes.
• Over 50 million Slingo games have been downloaded across the Internet and over 3 billion games of Slingo have been played overall. The company recently experienced a 100 percent year-over-year increase in integrated video ads, which now total more than 14 million video opportunities per month.
According to a number of sources, negotiations with European operators on the real-money front continue on the basis that any deals will not be exclusive.
Speaking at the Global iGaming Summit & Expo in San Francisco earlier this year, Roberts revealed that he is negotiating with a number of European companies, including Playtech and GTechG2, with a view to offering his company's products in the UK for real money as early as summer 2012.
Established in 1996, Slingo was one of the social-casual gaming pioneers. Its product range under the Slingo brand embraces casual and social games; casino slot machines and table games; lottery tickets, and TV programming and more.