03/28/2012 : TIPP24 REVENUES ALL-TIME HIGH (Update)
Selling off Skill-Based Games Business and launching new business unit
Following its unaudited 2011 results announcement last month, Tipp24 SE's audited 2011 results reached an all-time high the company reported this week.
Tipp24 has posted its best annual results in the company's history for the twelfth consecutive year, with the greatest share in Revenues derived from its Abroad segment.
Key performance highlights include:
– Consolidated revenue grew by 36.7 percent to a record Euro 139.3 million (2010: Euro 101.9 million)
– EBIT increased 58.8 percent to Euro 51.9 million (2010: Euro 32.7 million)
– EBIT margin was up 5.2 percentage points from 32.1 percent to 37.3 percent.
– Consolidated net profit rose by 85.9 percent to Euro 36.3 million (2010: Euro 19.6 million).
– Earnings per share from continued operations amount to Euro 4.80 (2010: Euro 2.85).
– Available funds at the end of the year amounted to around Euro 129 million.
– Abroad segment was largely responsible for the development of business with revenue of Euro 141.5 million (2010: Euro 103.7 million) million and an EBIT result of Euro 60.0 million (2010: 40.2 million).
– The Germany segment contributed just Euro 0.6 million (2010: 0.6 million).
Tipp24's German Skill-Based Games business model has proven unable to match the profitability of the company's core lottery brokerage business over the long term and as such will be sold off, a company statement said.
Commenting on the remaining less liberal 15 German States' progress on draft gaming legalization, Tipp24 SE's chief executive officer, Dr. Hans Cornehl, said: "Using the risk of addiction to justify extensive bans for private lottery providers is no longer tenable. It is high time that commercial lottery brokers were once again granted non-discriminatory market access in line with EU legalization.'
The company is optimistic on its German relaunch, within the framework of Schleswig-Holstein's gaming laws, saying: "We are convinced that we can successfully utilize the considerable opportunities which this market offers and establish a strong and distinctive brand with Lotto24.de."
Future strategies include expanding its presence in Spain and the United Kingdom and the formation of a new business sector which will offer Internet services for international lottery organisers.
Predicting the year ahead as one of sweeping change, Tipp24 has forecast an EBIT result of at least Euro 35 million and revenues of at least Euro 130 million.