Thursday August 7,2014 : UNIBET DELIVERS ANOTHER STRONG PERFORMANCE
Unibet’s Q2 earnings up 38 percent to GBP 16.7 million on the back of revenues of GBP 77.1 million.
The Unibet online gambling group has delivered another sterling set of results for Q2-2014, reporting:
* Earnings up 38 percent to GBP 16.7 million
* Revenue up 24 percent to GBP 77.1 million.
* Active customers up more than 33 percent quarter-on-quarter at 610,000.
* World Cup football betting made up GBP 16 million of the company's GBP 31.9 million Q2 overall sports betting revenues.
* Mobile wagering contributed 47 percent of overall sportsbook revenue, and live betting delivered 64.6 percent of turnover.
* Continued success in Western Europe, which provided GBP 16.2 million, or over half sports betting revenues – almost doubling in terms of y-o-y growth.
* Nordic activity rising – up 22 percent to GBP 12.2 million.
* On the negative side, Central, Eastern and Southern European markets declined 21 percent to just GBP 2.6 million.
* Gaming business (including online casino and poker) increased by 15 percent to GBP 45.2 million, but the poker element lagged, declining 45 percent y-o-y to GBP 1.7 million, a situation the company hopes to reverse with a new standalone poker offering designed strongly for the recreational player.
Current trading reported by the company shows an increase in revenue of 7 percent over the second quarter average despite a massive Mega Fortune win of Euro 5.8 million on early in July