No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
Canada Youth More Internet Savvy
A new independent survey of 1 065 children age 9-17 across Canada has revealed that too many of them still engage in risky Internet behaviour - especially on social networking sites.
Sponsored by Microsoft Canada and carried out by Youthography, the study provides insight into the way young people use the Internet. The results show that while the Internet is an overwhelmingly positive force in the lives of Canadian youth and most of them are aware of potential dangers, too many children and teens still engage in risky behaviour while online.
For the most part, youth rely on the Internet to communicate with friends and family, research information for homework and play games. They are concerned about Internet safety and more than three-quarters of them are very careful about the personal information they give out online.
A positive revelation is that parents are becoming more engaged in their children's online activities, compared to previous findings, with 84 percent of respondents saying they have had a discussion with their parents about the potential dangers of risky online behaviour. 86 percent say their parents have taken measures to ensure they are safe online, such as locating the computer in visible locations like the family room or kitchen, rather than in a child's room.
But the survey identified a number of key areas where Canadian youth continue to put themselves at risk, including:
* Youth post personal information for public view, such as a profile picture (39 percent), home town (16 percent), name of school (20 percent), relationship status (22 percent), and e-mail address (21 percent) to social networking sites. Sharing more than one of these pieces of data can allow predators to easily uncover someone's real identity.
* 30 percent of youth have lied about their age on a social networking site; 15 percent have pretended to be someone they are not, and more than 30 percent have accepted a friend request from a stranger.
Adult Content and Sexual Behaviour
* 1 in 4 males use search engines to find adult sexual content.
* More than 20 percent of youth visit sites that have pictures or videos showing violent acts, fighting, or racist content.
* 40 percent of youth have been bullied online, up from Microsoft's research in 2004 where 25 percent of respondents reported being cyberbullied. 16 percent admit to being the bully and of those, 50 percent say they did it because they were bullied first.
* In general, 67 percent believe others bully online because they can do it without getting caught and 63 percent believe that the same kids who bully online usually bully in person.
* 1 in 5 of those who play games in online communities has made contact (phone, email, in-person) with someone they have only ever met online gaming.
* 1 in 4 youth has been harassed when online gaming.
* Forty-five percent of teens and 27 percent of 'tweens go to cyberspace to escape their problems, avoid family, deal with stress, relieve anxiety, deal with sadness or depression or feed their online addiction.
* Youth, especially 'tweens are concerned about online safety, more so than drugs, alcohol, smoking, body image or sexually transmitted diseases.
"This is Microsoft Canada's fourth iteration of online safety research and we believe this study offers one of the most comprehensive looks yet at the online activities of Canadian youth including gaming, cyberbullying and social networking," said Gavin Thompson, Director of Corporate Citizenship, Microsoft Canada.
"There are many encouraging results in the research, including the fact that youth rank online safety as a very important issue and that a majority of youth are making smart choices online. Despite this good news, many youth still engage in risky online behaviour. Microsoft Canada has made online safety and security one of our highest priorities and we recognize that as a leader in our industry we have a responsibility to do all we can to make it a safer place - especially for our children."
"It is important for parents to be involved in their children's lives, which includes their on-line and videogame activities, as much as knowing about their friends, sports, music lessons and other things going on in their lives. It is also important to educate youth about the positives and the pitfalls of the cyberworld - but to do so, adults need to understand it first and to see how it has influenced their own activities, family values and work actions," said Dr. Bruce Ballon, Head of the Adolescent Clinical Education Service (ACES) for Problem Gambling, Gaming and Internet Use at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH).
Gambling News :
ACR $15 Million OSS Cub3d -
Americas CardRoom immensely popular OSS Cub3d returns February 25th and it's bigger than ever. U.S. Online Poker players will have a chance to compete for $15 Million in guaranteed prize pools.
AIGF and Betradar formalised their relationship -
At this yearís ICE Total Gaming, the All India Gaming Federation (AIGF) and Betradar formalised their relationship, committing to understand, explore opportunities and network across India around sports betting and gaming.
EHF and Sportradar Extend Partnership -
The EHF is responsible for a wide range of activities including the promotion and development of the sport, education programmes, player transfers and the organisation of high-profile sports competitions and events including the EHF EURO and the EHF Champions League.
Swisslos and Betradar in Deal -
Swisslos offers lotteries, sport bets and instant tickets in the entire territory of German-speaking Switzerland, in Ticino and in the Principality of Liechtenstein. It structures its range of games in an attractive and responsible manner. Swisslos transfers it entire net profit to the mandating cantons and the Principality of Liechtenstein to support public causes.
Americas Cardroom offering mouth-watering value -
It's not every day that an industry-leading poker site offers its customers an opportunity to put the house's money directly into their own pockets, but that's exactly whatís happening at Americas Cardroom.
Coolbet Joins Mpn -
Coolbet, owned by the Estonian company StayCool OU, is a sportsbook driven brand with its own developed platform and sports software. In addition to sports, it offers casino and live casino gaming, and as of this week, poker.
RMG AND SIS EXTEND PARTNERSHIP -
RMG manages the rights of many of the leading British racecourses, while SIS holds the horseracing rights to all Irish racecourses, plus Chelmsford City Racecourse in the UK.
Novomatic and Betradar in Deal -
With ICE just a few days away, NOVOMATIC has announced a partnership with leading sports betting solutions provider Sportradar to develop an innovative line of sports betting products and services.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.