No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
Canada Youth More Internet Savvy
A new independent survey of 1 065 children age 9-17 across Canada has revealed that too many of them still engage in risky Internet behaviour - especially on social networking sites.
Sponsored by Microsoft Canada and carried out by Youthography, the study provides insight into the way young people use the Internet. The results show that while the Internet is an overwhelmingly positive force in the lives of Canadian youth and most of them are aware of potential dangers, too many children and teens still engage in risky behaviour while online.
For the most part, youth rely on the Internet to communicate with friends and family, research information for homework and play games. They are concerned about Internet safety and more than three-quarters of them are very careful about the personal information they give out online.
A positive revelation is that parents are becoming more engaged in their children's online activities, compared to previous findings, with 84 percent of respondents saying they have had a discussion with their parents about the potential dangers of risky online behaviour. 86 percent say their parents have taken measures to ensure they are safe online, such as locating the computer in visible locations like the family room or kitchen, rather than in a child's room.
But the survey identified a number of key areas where Canadian youth continue to put themselves at risk, including:
* Youth post personal information for public view, such as a profile picture (39 percent), home town (16 percent), name of school (20 percent), relationship status (22 percent), and e-mail address (21 percent) to social networking sites. Sharing more than one of these pieces of data can allow predators to easily uncover someone's real identity.
* 30 percent of youth have lied about their age on a social networking site; 15 percent have pretended to be someone they are not, and more than 30 percent have accepted a friend request from a stranger.
Adult Content and Sexual Behaviour
* 1 in 4 males use search engines to find adult sexual content.
* More than 20 percent of youth visit sites that have pictures or videos showing violent acts, fighting, or racist content.
* 40 percent of youth have been bullied online, up from Microsoft's research in 2004 where 25 percent of respondents reported being cyberbullied. 16 percent admit to being the bully and of those, 50 percent say they did it because they were bullied first.
* In general, 67 percent believe others bully online because they can do it without getting caught and 63 percent believe that the same kids who bully online usually bully in person.
* 1 in 5 of those who play games in online communities has made contact (phone, email, in-person) with someone they have only ever met online gaming.
* 1 in 4 youth has been harassed when online gaming.
* Forty-five percent of teens and 27 percent of 'tweens go to cyberspace to escape their problems, avoid family, deal with stress, relieve anxiety, deal with sadness or depression or feed their online addiction.
* Youth, especially 'tweens are concerned about online safety, more so than drugs, alcohol, smoking, body image or sexually transmitted diseases.
"This is Microsoft Canada's fourth iteration of online safety research and we believe this study offers one of the most comprehensive looks yet at the online activities of Canadian youth including gaming, cyberbullying and social networking," said Gavin Thompson, Director of Corporate Citizenship, Microsoft Canada.
"There are many encouraging results in the research, including the fact that youth rank online safety as a very important issue and that a majority of youth are making smart choices online. Despite this good news, many youth still engage in risky online behaviour. Microsoft Canada has made online safety and security one of our highest priorities and we recognize that as a leader in our industry we have a responsibility to do all we can to make it a safer place - especially for our children."
"It is important for parents to be involved in their children's lives, which includes their on-line and videogame activities, as much as knowing about their friends, sports, music lessons and other things going on in their lives. It is also important to educate youth about the positives and the pitfalls of the cyberworld - but to do so, adults need to understand it first and to see how it has influenced their own activities, family values and work actions," said Dr. Bruce Ballon, Head of the Adolescent Clinical Education Service (ACES) for Problem Gambling, Gaming and Internet Use at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH).
Gambling News :
Tim Chung Wins MPNPT Manchester -
The 288-runner £550 MPNPT Manchester Main Event today crowned its champion, awarding the bulk of the £150,000 total prizepool to the nine players surviving after two days of tournament poker at the Grosvenor Casino.
MPNPT Manchester Day 2 -
Day 2 of the £550 MPNPT Manchester Main Event saw 60 Day 1 survivors (from a total of 288 entries) and three intrepid last-minute registrants sit down to play to the final table.
Day 1B MPN Poker Tour Manchester -
Day 1B of the £550 MPNPT Manchester Main Event saw the field rise to 285, as players took full advantage of the whole-day re-entry period.
Day 1A MPNPT Manchester -
The £150,000 guaranteed MPNPT Manchester kicked off today in style – 74 poker players from all over Europe arriving at the Grosvenor Casino to contend the first of two starting days
Kung Fu Rooster Slot Goes Live -
Celebrate Chinese New Year - 2017 Year of the Rooster. It's time to sweep away any ill-fortune and make way for incoming good luck, with this exciting 12 lines slot game.
Sensational Sixes Slot Goes Live -
Light up Icons like BAR's, black spades, red hearts, blue diamonds, and green clubs. The best part of Sensational Sixes are the three wild icons, for 2X, 4X, and 6X multipliers!
3 New Betsoft Slots -
3 new Betsoft slot Games were also added this week to most online casinos allowing US players.
2017 Bodog Super Millions Poker Open -
The first events on the 105-tournament schedule have already been completed; there are three more tourneys on Thursday’s schedule, with a total of $34,000 in guaranteed prize money waiting to be won.
Pokerstars Pulls Out Of Coloumbia -
Pokerstars Has taken the decision to cease offering real money services to players located in, playing from or resident within Colombia, effective from the 17th of July 2017.
The Railbird Launched By Americas Card Room #acra -
Watching your friends conquer the tables just got a whole lot easier. Americas Card Room recently launched its industry-first Player Observer Tool dubbed “The Railbird”, a new feature that allows players seated at Americas Card Room tables to instantly share a live stream of their action with friends.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.