No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
IS INTERNET GAMBLING MORE ADDICTIVE?
Rather controversially catching the attention of industry observers this week is the reported opinion of a Swiss academic, who told a South African conference on addiction that Internet gamblers are "much more likely" to become pathological gamblers than those who frequent land casinos, and that the Internet does not provide problem gambling help.
These bald statements attracted the attention of the media, who reported the comments under the headline "Number of pathological Internet gamblers up."
Unfortunately, the report did not include any details of the research backing the claims of Yasser Khazaal, deputy head of the division of addictology at the University Hospital of Geneva, who also apparently said the number of pathological gamblers was growing across the world. Whether this was due to sparse reportage or an ommission in Khazaal's address to the 10th annual International Society of Addicted Medicine is not clear.
Certainly it appears from Khazaal's statements that his findings differ, and are in fact quite extraordinary, from the findings of studies conducted by the UK Gambling Commission and others in recent times, which found a low percentage of addiction amongst online players. And his claim that: "....much-needed help [on the Internet] does not exist. "If people are gambling on the Internet, there should be counselling there, too," is definitely arguable.
This appears to ignore the very valuable responsible gambling services of organisations like Gamcare, G4, RIGT and many other worthwhile organisations with an online presence, as well as the serious licensing jurisdictions and regulatory bodies which have responsible gambling requirements. Or the significant investment in training online casino staff around the world by individual companies and player protection bodies such as eCOGRA.
Nor does it acknowledge the efforts of the many respectable tier one online gambling websites which devote whole sections of the websites to self-diagnostic tools, warnings on problem gambling and self exclusion and wagering limit facilities. And the intense efforts at those same operations to exclude underage chancers.
None of these very pertinent facts are presented in the media reports, giving a skewed perspective to those not familiar with the online gambling industry and how it works.
But, for the record, Khazaal is reported as saying:
* Internet gamblers are much more likely to become pathological gamblers than people who visit casinos, and the Internet does not offer enough help for people with addiction problems.
* "It is more likely for Internet gamblers to become pathological gamblers. I don't know if this is because the Internet is more addictive or if the people online are already gamblers and exacerbate their problem online," he said.
* Khazaal has been researching websites that offer help for people with addiction problems. He said that much-needed help does not exist. "If people are gambling on the Internet, there should be counselling there, too," he said.
* Online gambling is increasingly popular and there is no worldwide regulatory system that can control or standardise the websites.
* That Khazaal "....visited a gambling site in South Africa "out of curiosity" said that, while a country could ban Internet gambling, it could not control all Internet sites and people could still gamble from foreign websites." He said a uniform system of regulation was needed.
* "There is a control illusion problem with gambling. People believe the more you gamble the greater the probability is that you will win, but actually there is just more probability that you will lose money," he said.
Danske Spil Bingo Moves to Microgaming -
The national lottery of Denmark, Danske Spil, is live on the Microgaming Bingo Network. Danske Spil, the Danish national lottery, is live on the Microgaming Bingo Network following a change to its licence conditions.
Quickfire live on Strendus -
Quickfire powered by Microgaming is extending its reach in the LatAm region with the signing of Strendus. Strendus is the online division of Logrand Entertainment Group. The group comprises several companies that operate gaming and entertainment establishments in Mexico, running 14 land-based casinos in total.
Quickfire content live on BetatHome -
Online gaming and sports betting company bet-at-home was founded in 1999. Today the company has 4.8 million registered customers around the world, offering sports betting, casino, live casino, Vegas games, poker and virtual sports.
Microgaming has donated £30,000 between four charities -
Gift of Giving provides Microgamingís customers the opportunity to vote for one of several charities in their region. In lieu of Christmas gifts, £30,000 is split equally between four global regions: Isle of Man, UK and Europe, Africa, and Rest of the World.
Entertainment Betting Odds: 90th Academy Awards -
The Shape of Water leads Sundayís 90th Academy Awards (8 PM ET, ABC) with 13 Oscar nominations, but when it comes to Best Picture, this highly-acclaimed film is a +140 second-favorite behind Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri at Ė115.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.