WSOP 2017 SCHEDULE RELEASED
Something for everyone in 48th annual event.
The 48th annual World Series of Poker (WSOP) has released its finalized event schedule for the 2017 tournament set to begin on May 30, 2017 at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
"The focus of the schedule remains squarely on two core principles: the biggest prize pools possible and diversity in offerings to provide something for everyone," Jack Effel, WSOP Tournament Director, said. "The 48th running of the globe's biggest poker series promises to deliver on these core principles and ensure another action-packed summer at the Rio."
The 2017 schedule offers 74 official WSOP gold bracelet events, eight of which are new and comprise:
– $10,000 Tag Team No-Limit Hold'em – 2-4 person teams
– Event #2: Last year's $1,000 version of the event remains on the schedule, but the stakes have been raised with a high roller version.
– $333 WSOP.com No-Limit Hold'em – $333,333 Guarantee. Unlimited Re-Entry. Online event.
– $365 "The Giant" No-Limit Hold'em – Unique event with weekly Friday Night flights at 7 p.m. beginning June 9. Each opening flight plays deep into the money and any remaining players are paid out an amount equivalent to the last paid place of the night, with their chips bagged and remaining prize pool carried over to Day 2 cumulative re-start on 8 July. Unlimited re-entry during each Day 1 flight.
– $2,620 "The Marathon" – 11 a.m. No-Limit Hold'em. 26,200 starting chips, with extended 100-minute levels. Event #23.
– $1,000 Super Turbo Bounty – 20-minute levels. No-Limit Hold'em. $300 bounty per player. One day event.
– $10,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo Split 8 or Better – 3 p.m. Three day event. Event #51.
– $2,500 Mixed Big Bet Event – NLHE, PLO, 2-7NL, NL 5 Card Draw, Big O, PLO Hi-Lo, 2-7 Pot-Limit Triple Draw. Event #59. Three day event.
– $3,333 High Roller WSOP.com No-Limit Hold'em. One day event. Online. Unlimited re-entry.
"This 2017 schedule reflects our continuing goal to broaden poker's appeal and encourage first timers and recreational players to come experience the WSOP for themselves," said WSOP Executive Director Ty Stewart.
"With the new $365 buy-in Giant anchoring Friday nights, alongside a tent pole event awarding millions every weekend, we believe we have the offering to be well worth the trip. Plus, for the serious and high-stakes player, we remain committed to having the most diverse schedule of events of any tournament in the world. Whatever your game or bankroll, let the bracelet chase begin."
For the full schedule and other pertinent information: http://www.wsop.com/2017/