Wednesday November 11,2015 : GLIMPSE INTO FUTURE OF AMAYA
Lowers full year financial guidance.
Amaya Inc., parent company of PokerStars and FullTilt, released its latest earnings call this week revealing future plans for the business that include its confirmed expansion into sports betting
Amaya said plans for 2016 include the launch of PokerStars New Jersey, the launch of its sports betting product BetStars and the possibility of an eSports/poker product explained as a “new poker variant targeting the large and growing skilled video gaming community.”
Amaya is also looking ahead to the potential liberation of the online poker market in Russia during 2016, saying is would be in line for a concession.
David Baazov, chief executive officer also adjusted Amaya’s estimated earnings for 2015 to $1.289 billion down from its previous $1.456 billion – $1.564 billion guidance because of the stronger U.S. dollar which it says has diminished customer purchasing power which affects revenue.
Amaya’s financial report earlier this week detailed key performance indicators for the third quarter period as:
– Revenue of C$324.7 million, up 8 percent from CAD 299.5 million Y-O-Y, and adjusted net earnings per share of 44 cents or C$90.5 million, up from 38 cents per share or C$79.8 million.
– Online casino accounted for 14 percent of its overall quarterly turnover, while the remaining 86 percent was largely from online poker.
– Revenue from B2C poker operations rose 12 percent Y-O-Y.
– Adjusted EBITDA C$141.2 million, up 8 percent year-on-year (Q3/2014: C$130.5 million)
– Adjusted net earnings were up 13 percent to C$90.5 million.
– 1.85 million customer registrations during the third quarter of the year.
– As of September 30, 97 million registered customers, up 9 percent from the previous year.
– 60 percent of new accounts are from mobile devices
– 45 percent of real money players are on mobile.