12/17/09 – The Draft Report on Gambling has been released by the Productivity Commission and final recommendations are due to be presented to the Australian federal government in February 2010.
Gaming, Racing & Wagering Australia, a conference taking place from 22-23 March 2010 at Star City in Sydney, will take a comprehensive look at the implications of the Productivity Commission’s recommendations and what the future holds for the different sectors.
Just some of the key issues to be addressed at the conference include:
* What has been the impact of the Betfair vs WA decision?
* How will increased competition and globalisation in the wagering environment changing the market structure?
* Will racing and wagering continue to be a state issue or should it be nationally regulated?
* What is the future for funding of racing and sporting events?
* Who will be the new powerhouses in electronic gaming machine ownership and operation?
* How are the different sectors changing their marketing strategies and using new technologies to remain competitive and gain market share?
* How can you access opportunities in Asia and Europe?
Organiser Beacon Events has already assembled a star-studded speaker list for the conference, which readers can scrutinise here: www.gamingdownunder.com