Sunday October 18,2015 : R.A.W.A. SPONSOR ENTERS DAILY FANTASY SPORTS ROW
Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz joins calls for a Congressional hearing on daily fantasy sports.
Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz, perhaps better known in the online gambling industry for his sponsorship in the US Congress of Sheldon Adelson's Restoration of America's Wire Act, has joined the growing list of politicians calling for a Congressional hearing on daily fantasy sports.
As a candidate for Speaker of the House and chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Chaffetz wields considerable influence and is likely to get his way, the New York Post reports.
He joins a list of politicians urging action toward the regulation of DFS that includes:
* Rep. Frank Pallone Jr. and Senator Robert Menendez, both Democrats from New Jersey;
* Sen. Harry Reid, a Democrat from Nevada and Minority Leader in the Senate;
* Sen. Richard Blumenthal, a Democrat from Connecticut;
* Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, Democratic Party New York; (D-NY) requested a hearing.
* Rep. Dina Titus, a Nevada Democrat;
* Reps. John Payne and George Dunbar, Republicans from Pennsylvania.