Tuesday September 10,2013 : INTERACTIVE T.V. GAMBLING FIRM CONTINUES TO PERFORM WELL
NetPlay TV plc mobile and online gambling strategy delivers good results.
The interactive television gambling company NetPlay TV plc has posted an impressive set of results for the six months ending 30 June 2013, flagging the following highlights:
* 36 percent increase in net revenue to GBP 14.2 million (H1 2012: GBP 10.4 million)
* 17 percent increase in EBITDA to GBP 2.7 million (H1 2012: GBP 2.3 million)
* Strong cash generation, cash and cash equivalents increasing by GBP 2.6 million to GBP 14.9 million from GBP 12.3 million (H1 2012: GBP 2.6 million increase to GBP 10.5 million from GBP 7.9 million)
* 47 percent increase in profit before tax to GBP 2.3 million (H1 2012: GBP 1.6 million)
* Interim dividend increased by 20 percent to 0.18p per share (H1 2012: 0.15p)
* ITV1 broadcast agreement renewed in April
Casino Key Performance indicators are listed as:
* 31 percent increase in new depositing players to 32,618 (H1 2012: 24,951)
* 32 percent increase in average quarterly active depositing players to 29,311 (H1 2012: 22,258)
* Mobile and tablet wagering now accounting for 28 percent of total net revenue and 34 percent of new depositing players (H1 2012: 10 percent of total net revenue and 18 percent of new depositing players)
* New online marketing strategy delivering positive results.
Current trading highlights include:
* Continued strong trading in Q3 with average daily net revenue up 17 percent on the same period last year
* Full year results expected to be in-line with current market expectations
Commenting on the results and the trading update, Charles Butler, NetPlay TV said:
“I am pleased to announce that following such a strong 2012, the company’s growth trajectory has continued with significant increases in all of the group’s KPIs.
"Our investment in mobile and tablet continues to deliver positive results, and accounted for 28 percent of net revenue during the period.
"In addition, our accelerated investment in pure online marketing is continuing to have a positive impact. This complements our existing TV marketing and represents the group’s broadened marketing strategy, which underpins both our current and future growth."