Saturday April 20, 2013 : NEW POKER PLAYER APP
Use your smartphone to assess your ads with this player's aid
Newly arrived in the iGoogle store is a free Android platform poker app that enables poker players to get an immediate assessment of the odds and value of each hand as the action unfolds.
The Poker Odds app comes from a French developer and is an application that recognises a poker game via a smartphone camera, assesses the odds and value and delivers this information immediately to the player.
Poker fans using the app can also manually choose specific cards, random cards or a range of cards to calculate the odds.
The app supports Texas Hold'em at present, but other poker genres will be developed going forward, the first probably Omaha. There are also plans to add a social communication element, enabling users to share visuals and data.
Features of the app include:
* Recognition of the game via the camera (each hand and the board)
* Display the equity and value (or odds value at the river) for each hand.
* Easy interface for smartphones and tablets.
* Choice between specific cards, random cards or hand range for each player (up to 10).
* Dead cards
* Full enumeration (exact result) or Monte Carlo Simulation (approximation) depending on the hands texture.
* No need for internet: calculations are done on the mobile device of the user.
Users have given Iphone Poker Odds a 5-star rating