Monday March 4,2013 : POKERSTARS SUNDAY MILLION SEVENTH BIRTHDAY RESULTS
Large turnout hoping to get a piece of the almost $10 million prize pool
PokerStars $7 million guaranteed prize pool, in celebration of its 7th birthday, saw 49 287 players take to the virtual felt and an impressive final prize pool of $9 857 400.
A trip to the final three tables yielded a five-figure payday, while sixth place paid as much as a typical Sunday Million win, confirmed a PokerStars spokesperson.
Dominated by European players, the final table saw three players ‘Kasra84', ‘benislovas' and ‘David "sexygee" Gent duking it out for 15 hours before finally pausing the action and agreeing to a deal that guaranteed each over $700 000 a piece.
Benislovas eventually emerged victorious pocketing himself a cool $848 589.33, reflecting the three way deal and $140 000 that was in play.
Final results ended up:
1. benislovas (Lithuania) $848,589.33
2. sexygee (United Kingdom) $836,321.83
3. Kasra84 (Germany) $813,370.28
4. n0rflip (Norway) $358,809.36
5. pellompogos (Cyprus) $254,320.92
6. stradale430 (Austria) $181,376.16
7. 2outs4cake (United Kingdom) $117,303.06
8. rewgr343 (Russia) $85,759.38
9. Heminsley (United Kingdom) $62,101.62