Tuesday October 1,2013 : RAY REPORTS INCREASE IN REVENUE
Digital continues to perform well with double digit growth
Finnish state-owned operator Raha-Automaattiyhdistys reported a 2.1 percent year-on-year increase in revenue during a presentation of its second four-month 2013 interim financial report this week.
Key performance indicators for the 8-month period include:
- Revenue increase of 2.1 percent amounting to Euro 520.2 Million.
- A profit increase of 4.2 percent amounting to Euro 285.1 Million.
- Euro 62.3 million paid to the state in lottery tax.
- Revenue from digital gaming channels increased by 25.9 percent and amounted to Euro 39 Million.
- 260 000 active online customers were recorded at the end of August 2013.
The company said it expects to meet its forecasted profit goal even though most expenses are due towards the end of the year.
Its outlook on 2014 is uncertain due to the state of the Finnish national economy "but we will plan and budget our operations in order to secure the benefits for social welfare and health organisations and war veterans," said RAY Managing Director, Velipekka Nummikoski.