Monday June 10,2013 : AGCC AND SPECTRUM GAMING GROUP ENTER INTO J.V.
Provide services to emerging jurisdictions under ASeGA joint venture
The Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) and Spectrum Gaming Group (Spectrum) have entered into a somewhat interesting alliance.
According to a press release, the two entities have formed a joint venture titled ASeGA which will target regulatory agencies in the America’s and elsewhere around the world with a service offering that includes:
- Assistance in drafting, reviewing and improving regulations
- Developing technical guidelines and standards
- Guidance in staffing, hiring
- Policy advisory services to ensure online gaming is fully coordinated with the goals and policies of land-based gaming
- Due-diligence and background investigations to ensure suitability of operators, partners and suppliers
"AGCC has for several years provided help and advice to the leading new jurisdictions in Europe, using the experience we have acquired in more than ten years of operating as a top-tier jurisdiction," said AGCC's Executive Director Andre Wilsenach. "With the impending emergence of multiple new remote gambling jurisdictions in the USA, ASeGA provides a useful, scalable means of supporting a number of jurisdictions at the same time, together with an opportunity to progress common best practice standards of operation."
"This is a perfect fit between an experienced, respected regulatory agency and a private firm that already serves tribal, state and national governments around the world," said Spectrum Managing Director Michael Pollock. "We share the same values, and we fully understand the goals and challenges that regulatory agencies, tribal councils and others will face as online wagering expands rapidly in coming months."