Wednesday April 22,2015 : LAUNCH OF TIPP3 IN GERMAN MARKET FORGES AHEAD (Update)
New sports betting offer enters German market
Deutsche Telekom launched its tipp3.de sports betting website in partnership with Österreichische Sportwetten GmbH in to the German market this week despite the stalled licensing process.
The company describes the launch of its tipp3 product as a fair, responsible internet-only sports betting offer with a focus on soccer. Other markets offered include basketball and Formula 1.
All betting offers are on professional sports, youth and amateur sports are excluded.
”We are betting on the growth market of sports wagers," said Matthias Schmidt-Pfitzner, head of digital media at Deutsche Telekom. "We are entering the business as a trustworthy online provider – with a maximum focus on security, quality and the customer experience."
Deutsche Telekom is the majority shareholder, through its recently acquired 64 percent stake in Deutsche Sportwetten GmbH (DSW), while Casinos Austria Group-owned provider Österreichische Sportwetten GmbH (ÖSW) owns the remaining 36 percent.
Player and youth protection, responsible gaming and preventing problem gambling are a focus area providing players with the ability to set binding limits on deposits, bets and losses during the registration process as well as participation in the "mentor" program, which the company says reliably identifies and points out suspicious betting patterns.