UNIBET POSTS A STRONG FOURTH QUARTER
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 : UNIBET POSTS A STRONG FOURTH QUARTER AND F.Y. REPORT
The UK now online gambling firm's largest locally-regulated market.
Online gambling group Unibet has published a strong set of fourth quarter and full year results, highlighting the following achievements:
* New all-time high in gross winnings revenue of GBP 111.4 (78.0) million for the fourth quarter of 2015 and GBP 354.1 (312.0) million for the full year 2015;
* Underlying profit for the fourth quarter was GBP 24.6 (16.8) million and GBP 69.7 (64.5) million for the full year 2015;
* Profit before tax for the fourth quarter of 2015 amounted to GBP 21.3 (15.4) million. Profit before tax for the full year 2015 amounted to GBP 62.2 (99.0) million;
* Profit after tax for the fourth quarter of 2015 amounted to GBP 19.4 (13.5) million. Profit after tax for the full year 2015 amounted to GBP 55.7 (93.4) million;
* During the fourth quarter of 2015 recent acquisitions Stan James Online and iGame Group contributed GBP 13.0 million in gross winnings revenue and GBP 2.7 million in normalised EBITDA;
* Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 921,150 (570,360) of which 156,208 were customers of the businesses acquired in 2015.
* A dividend of GBP 1.88 (1.64) per share has been recommended by the board.
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet revealed that the company has achieved market-leading growth in its fourth quarter, generating a 43 percent increase in gross winnings revenue as reported in GBP compared with the same period in 2014, and 57 percent in constant currencies.
"The organic growth in Unibet and Maria was 26 percent as reported in GBP (40 percent excluding the effect of changes in currency translation rates), he said Tuesday.
“The focus on scalability across the group has enabled us to deliver a new all-time high in underlying EBITDA for the quarter of GBP 27.1 million, up 47 percent in GBP. Mobile was 56 percent of gross winnings revenue compared with 51 percent in the third quarter.
“The acquisitions have also accelerated the transformation of our business, and locally-regulated revenues are now 34.3 percent of gross winnings revenue compared with 28.4 percent in the third quarter of 2015.2
"The UK, the world’s largest locally-regulated gambling market, is now our largest locally-regulated market.”
Tjärnström reported that in the period up to 7 February 2016, average daily gross winnings revenue has increased by approximately 45 percent in GBP and approximately 47 percent in local currencies over the same period in 2015.
"Excluding iGame Group and Stan James Online the organic increase is more than 30 percent in constant currency,” he noted.
Unibet Group is one of Europe’s largest listed online gambling operators and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. It provides services in 21 languages to over 13.5 million customers in over 100 countries through several subsidiaries and brands.